TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL cut off before NBN connection box is installed

Jenny521
Level 2

NBN is ready in my area in early Jan this year. I received a call from TGP last week to check if I wanted to transfer my ADSL plan to NBN plan. I agreed to sign the new contract on the phone. On 22 Jan, I received the email and sms from TPG saying that the NBN is active. At the same time, I notice that my ADSL and phone line are cut off. Yesterday I received the router sent by TPG. On the set-up instructions, it says the router needs to be connected to the NBN connection box. However the NBN connection box was never installed in my unit. I called TPG today and they ask me to check if the box is in the garage of the building. I am just confused if it is correct that TPG can cut off the ADSL and phone before they know whether the NBN connection box is installed or not. I lost internet connection from Wed morning and have no idea when and who will come to install the NBN connection box for me.

5 REPLIES 5
Jenny521
Level 2
Hi, do you need to send me a ncd for self installation or arrange technician to do the installation before cutting the ADSL? I spent 3 hours on calling you and did not get any useful answers. I was always told you would call me back but never received the calls. One support person insisted I should contact building manager to arrange the installation of ncd which does not make sense. Could anyone please help?
Thanks.
BasilDV

Hi @Jenny521

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the notes.

The ADSL2+ service will be disconnected by the NBN Co, once the NBN technology is marked as active or installed in the location.

It appears that the order was processed to a different location or address, which is why the service is not working after it was tagged as active.

We understand that you've been in touch with our NBN provisioning team and was advised that they have processed a relocation to the correct address and will provide you with the updates by Monday.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

Jenny521
Level 2
At the same time when you contact nbn co on Mon, could you please resume my temporary internet connection first?

Thanks.
BasilDV

Hi @Jenny521,

You may advise your case manager once they've contacted you on Monday with your request in order for them to check if there's any means to provide you a temporary service.

BasilDV

Jenny521
Level 2

I was told that NBN service is connected to the wrong address and I needed to wait for the NBN technician to install the NBN conncection equipment in 2 to 30 working days. And I will not have internet and landline before it. The case manager told me they would send me the data pack for this period on Mon. But it was just despatched yesterday after a couple of calls to TPG  and probably not be received until next week. Both the case manager and customer relations just ask me to wait for the notification of installation and cannot provide the solutions for no internet connection during the waiting period. Now I do not know when the installation appointment will be confirmed, when the data pack will arrive and what I should do after I use up the data pack. I feel so frustrated about TPG customer service.