TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL failed. New NBN Bundle Worked 5 minutes then failed. As of 13-5-20 TPG Down 8 weeks now.

SOLVED Go to solution
RajenS

Hi @TonyR 

I am sorry to hear NBN tech was not able to solve this issue. Unfortunately, we all (any ISP) depends on NBN tech to solve network issues,
don't worry I am lodging another fault ticket to NBN
Thanks
Rajen

TonyR
Level 3

Your technician to fix the TPG NBN bundle sent an SMS yesterday in poor English saying he was coming between 8am and 12pm this morning.  No one showed up. No one called to apologise.  

Aside from incompetent its extremely rude. 

I had someone wait there from 8am to 12pm ESPECIALLY for this person. My friends time is valuable.

Now I got another SMS saying the appointment  is now confirmed this afternoon between 2pm and 5pm. 

Will they show up this afternoon afterr no show this morning. Lets see??

Copies of your technician SMS to me attached.

PLEASE ESCALATE THIS TO SOMEONE THAT WILL DO SOMETHING OR SOMEONE WILL BE PAYING MY COSTS. THANK YOU.

RajenS

Hi @TonyR 

I am sorry about your valuable time is being wasted, I can see NBN Tech running late, I will send your feedback to management now 

Thanks 
Rajen 

TonyR
Level 3

It worked and failed again.

3 weeks no DSL, no tech support. All tech support "busy". That simply means TPG are not hiring enough tech support to make more money for themselves and boost their share price.

Then I get the TPG NBN bundle because no DSL support. Its faulty next day. Days later a technician comes who says he cant figure out our connection. Is that for real?  He says the NBN signal is fading from high to low . But he says he fixed it then leaves. 

Next day its faulty again. When signal fades low would be a good guess.  Now today, another failed attempt to make it work. 

Today the morning "technician" doesnt show up. Or call. After sending me a badly written SMS confirming he was coming.

Then two individuals showed up late at 4.45pm to fix the faulty TPG NBN bundle.  Technicians?  Please TPG tell me the qualifications of the two individuals???

They played with wires and the modems for 15 minutes, then told my friend who waited ALL DAY   its fixed then rushed off without even testing it over the full range of low and high signal. That would be impossible in 15 minutes. They would have known that ws the problem from reading technician #1s report. Wouldnt they??

I just arrived at 8.00pm. No internet. Same fault it had since the day after it was installed. No TPG Internet for 5 weeks now going on six weeks.

TPG have made the commitment and taken my money to provide NBN. Its not very hard to make it work.

FIX IT TPG URGENTLY.

TonyR
Level 3

5-5-20.  No reply from TPG.

RajenS

HI @TonyR 

I can see NBN didn't close your Ticket yet, can you please take a photo of NTD, serial numbers and mac adress, send it to me 

Thanks 

Rajen 

TonyR
Level 3

Hi Rajen,

Ok I will get and send.

I think the problem is simple. My DSL was faulty at the beginning.

If NBN are trying to use same copper it will be faulty also.

Technician #2 said the signal was weak and fading strong to weak.  

All the technicians so far did not wait to see weak signal.

Solution is simple. Fix the copper connection to the NBN port.

Software will not fix this.

RajenS

Hi @TonyR 

Your ADSL was on Telstra phone cable, and  NBN  is HFC, which over RG6 cable, 

totally different cables, is your ADSL modem still plugged in? 

Thanks 
Rajen 

TonyR
Level 3

Hi Rajen,

Sorry, the ADSL modem is gone permanently. This service should be cancelled. I changed to NBN. 

I cannot send the photo of the modem label with MAC etc until tonight. Unfortunately I am not there.

RajenS

Hi @TonyR 

My tools show NBN box is down, don't know after they replaced the box updated the box serial numbers,? 

that's why I need photos, please  

Thanks 

Rajen