TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL failed. New NBN Bundle Worked 5 minutes then failed. As of 13-5-20 TPG Down 8 weeks now.

SOLVED Go to solution
TonyR
Level 3

Hello Rajen. Could you PLEASE send out another router.

Right at the beginning I suggested the router was not acting normally.  But this was ignored.

This is ridiculous. 8 weeks and TPG cant get my Internet to work.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

TonyR
Level 3

Hello Rajen

Last night TPG NBN bundle did not work. I had to recharge my Telstra 4G $50 again.  Since NBN bundle has failed I have recharged 4 times = $200.

This morning TPG NBN bundle does work - at 5.45am.   Arris NBN modem lights all green. TPG router Internet light on, but very dim. Is it meant to be like that? It is also hot. Is it meant to be hot? We cannot  leave it on unattended in case of fire risk.

PLEASE send replacement router so that can be eliminated as a problem.

Mal_mod

Hi Tony, 

Sorry to trouble you, but could you please provide a photo of both PWR Packs in use ? 
1)  for the Router 
 2) for the ARRIS Modem 

TonyR
Level 3

Hi Moderator

OK I will get photo for you. Our PC's are unplugged we are using 4G dongles.

Yesterday 15-5-20 1pm Tech #5 came to fix. He advised completely different story. He said NBN installation outside was faulty because of no "isolator". So he spent some time outside, told me he installed one and problem was fixed. Router was not replaced.

Internet worked for few hours and failed again.

Now 7.39am its working again.

Technician #4 2 days earlier said router was the problem. I am a design engineer www.tonyrichardson.net.au and to me router seems hot and when working "Internet" LED is strangely very dim. Is this a feature to indicate a problem?

Mal_mod

Hi Tony, 

I was actually wanting tor see the Power Packs, to confirm they are both rated at  12v  @ 2.0amps. 

I also had a new look at  this case this morning, and can advise the Engeering team, are also trying to confirm another NBN tech visit for tomorrow  "Tuesday, 19 May 2020, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM"

TonyR
Level 3

Hi, I will check.

But at this stage technician #6 who came to fix it yesterday may have finally fixed it.

He had difficulty because he said NBN technicians are not given access to visit/repair history of their installations. A management idea which has just be shown not very good. He had no idea he was technican number #6 and his ability to understand the issues was badly weakened because he did not have this history. 

He said all five previous technicians had not found the real problem and had left the TPG/NBN Bundle improperly installed each time regarding connection outside and spent some time correcting this. I dont know what he did but there is now a conduit and junction box outside that wasnt there before.

But we used the Internet until midnight last night and it didnt fail and this morning at 7 am its still working. So it may be fixed. If it works all day as well I think its all good.

TonyR
Level 3

Bad news. It failed again this morning.

Arris modem LEDs all green. TPG modem LEDs all green but  "Internet" LED went off. And no internet.

TonyR
Level 3

Hello Moderator

After enduring 6 technician visits and all our wasted time (8 hours off work lost pay waiting at home)  and $200 of Telstra dongle 4G recharges because the TPG NBN Bundle has never worked now I got a message from your accounts department that they will cancel my TPG NBN after all my huge patience with NO TPG internet for 9 weeks now.

Are they insane? Whats the point of you sending six technician visits over the last month to try and get it to work then cancelling the service?. Is that an admission you cannot make your TPG NBN bundle work and better stop advertising and promoting it?

Please sort them out. A customer cannot be expected to pay for something that does not work.

Please fix it good grief. 9 weeks and TPG cannot supply a working internet.

TonyR
Level 3

Hello Moderator, or Rajen

Since TPG phones never answer and no-one is ever available please find out for me - did the TPG NBN  fail again this morning for the seventh time because of another technical issue or did your accounts department disconnect it when it finally was working?

Please advise.

Thank you.

TonyR
Level 3

Hello Moderator, Rajen,

It worked all last night and this morning is working. Maybe it is OK now.