TPG Community

Get online support

ASUS RT AX68U configuration setup

thefreddos01
Level 2
Hi,
Has anyone recently setup their TPG nbn with the Asus RT AX68U router? Do you need a separate modem or can you connect directly to the nbn black box?
Cheers
Blake.
7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @thefreddos01

Are you under the NBN Data only plan or NBN Bundled with VoIP plan?

If via NBN Data only, the router will work by connecting it to the NBN NTD box and configure it with PPPoE.

If via NBN bundled with VoIP plan, then connect it to the NBN NTD box, then configure it with VLAN ID = 2 and PPPoE.

You may send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to confirm the correct configuration.

BasilDV

thefreddos01
Level 2
Yes, I’m currently on the unlimited super fast nbn.
I’m currently running the new router through the TPG supplied modem/router via a lan port. I did try using the pppoe settings but not connected directly to the nbn box. I will try this next this afternoon once I’m home. I’ll let you know how it goes…
Blake
thefreddos01
Level 2
Hi, I’ve connected directly to the nbn box and set up the router but still no internet connection?
Any advice would be appreciated
Blake
david64
Level 15

Hi @thefreddos01 . Are you on FTTP or HFC connection?

Can you reconnect the TPG router and verify the config, VLAN disabled and username format.

Run a speed test to check for Superfast. Use your ethernet computer.

Reconnect Asus to NTD and do factory reset and redo config.

When connected, does the WAN indicator come on?

thefreddos01
Level 2
Hi,
I’ve managed to get it up and running using the pppoe information and configuration with vlan=2.

Just had to find out where to do it then worked straight away.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Blake.
david64
Level 15

@thefreddos01 . You say you set vlan 2. This is at odds with what moderator said. You should check in MyAccount exactly what your plan speed is and do a speed test to confirm that.

TPG may have used the word Superfast to refer to two different plans. The Superfast and Ultrafast plans were for FTTP and HFC connections and don't use vlan setting.

thefreddos01
Level 2
I’m on superfast 250 hfc connection. At the moment my speeds are around 250-260mbps.