TPG Community

Get online support

All houses around me connected to NBN but my location shows more work required?

Matt78
Level 2

Hi,

All of my neighbours address are connected to, or available to be connected to NBN but my location shows 'more work required' and June 2020 as the likely date, which im pretty sure is just a generic completion date currently forecast by the NBN Co to have completed the whole rollout.  How do i escalate this issue and get an NBN connection as my current TPG ADSL2 connection is almost useless (1-4 mbps average - if it hasn't dropped out).

9 REPLIES 9
Riezl

Hi @Matt78,

Welcome to TPG Community!

May we know if you're an existing TPG customer having ADSL2+ speed issue? If so, please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

Otherwise, please PM us the complete address, where you want the NBN service to be installed so can check.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Matt78
Level 2

Thanks for reply,

PM sent

Riezl

Thanks for sending the details via P, @Matt78.

We source all of our data for upcoming NBN releases directly from NBNCo. We acknowledge that these dates are subject to change and unfortunately often do. We have seen in the past where a scheduled release date is changed and then takes a period of time before release data is updated to service providers such as ourselves.

As per checking, the planned availability date for your address is June 2020 and we'll surely let you know once we are ready to connect you to the NBN.

With regard to your ADSL2+ speed issue, everything appears to be properly working as per our initial diagnostics.

Are you able to check the speed now?

Matt78
Level 2
Thanks for the reply.

I get that the date the NBNco is spitting out is June 2020, I’ve already checked directly with them. What I REALLY want investigated is why the rest of the neighbourhood has been rolled-out for NBN and our address hasn’t, and why I have to wait another 6 months to catch up. Is there something TPG can escalate to NBNco for more detail, or am I just better to lodge a complaint with the TIO?
Riezl

This is beyond TPG's control as it's NBN Co. who plan and work for the rollout of the NBN service, @Matt78. Nonetheless, we'll coordinate this matter with our Provisioning Team and will revert to you once a feedback becomes available.

Matt78
Level 2
Ok thanks
BasilDV

Hi @Matt78

We received the update from NBN Co and was advised that there is a network shortfall currently affecting serviceability of your address and as such an order cannot be placed at this time. The Historical Footprint List will be updated to reflect the change and will be subsequently updated when the shortfall has been resolved.

You may check the NBN rollout Map from time to time if there's a significant change with the availability of the technology.

BasilDV

Matt78
Level 2

So a week and a half later the rollout map still shows my address/area as being available for NBN (i.e no change). Likelihood of them updating the Historical Footprint to actually reflect areas that have NBN availalble looks to be pretty slim.  Anyone have any ideas on what the next course of action should be?  TIO complaint?  Anyone recommend another ISP that has been successful with chasing up and resolving this sort of issue?

Shane

Hi @Matt78,

As advised by my colleague, TPG do not have a control with the availability of NBN service in your area, switching different Internet service provider will not solve this because even Other Providers do rely on NBN Co.'s availability itself.

We'll take this as a complaint and raise this to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further handling. Expect an email or phone call within 24-48hrs.

Cheers!

So a week and a half later the rollout map still shows my address/area as being available for NBN (i.e no change). Likelihood of them updating the Historical Footprint to actually reflect areas that have NBN availalble looks to be pretty slim.  Anyone have any ideas on what the next course of action should be?  TIO complaint?  Anyone recommend another ISP that has been successful with chasing up and resolving this sort of issue?