Constant Droputs NBN

Boozaboi
Level 2

Since getting the NBN several years ago, I have experienced dropouts. They vary in frequency from a couple a day, to lately, constant, and of a longer duration. When it goes through a bad period I have contacted TPG several times and and they go through the motions of checking this and that, and having me reboot the modem but it doesnt fix the problem. That just about every person I speak to at TPG is of a non English speaking background doesnt help either with communication.

I have changed the lead from my wall socket to the modem just in case but theres nothing more I can do. I made some of my own checks of my signal a while back and it seems there is a large amount of noise on my line that is just below the threshold of the signal itself, and when a spike of noise comes down the line, no matter how brief, it causes the dropout. (I looked at the noise safety coefficients numbers a while back and they were 6.9 and 6.2 respectively. TPG did try in 2019 to switch my connection to one that was somewhat more stable. It reduced my dropouts a little, but reduced my speed by half!)  

The regular dropouts make streaming movies and online gaming impossible at its worst. Even just simple use of the internet when browsing or sending emails is frustrating when its at its worst. Ive asked my neighbours about their internet and they have no issues like this. I am at the point where the inertia of having to change email addresses etc will be overcome and I'll dittch TPG. I need something more involved than flicking a switch here and there and lip service to checking the line from the street into my house and/or replacing a modem. I have an NBN 100 Business Plan (for a static ISP for my home security system). Im giving TPG one more chance to facilitate a fix for this, and If a TPG Tech could assist I would appreciate.

Thanks

David George

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @Boozaboi

Thanks for raising this with us and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We've tested the line and was able to detect a possible fault within the NBN network.

This has been escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation and updates will be given within 24 to 48 hours.

BasilDV

Boozaboi
Level 2

Thanks BasilDV, 

Unfortunately after recieving SMS advice of a ticket re this issue and a statement that its being looked into, I recieved a further SMS last night advising that "our tests show your service is now working. Fault ticket (XXXX) is now closed and any technician appointment cancelled." There was no word of what was done if anything with regard my connection. It seems seems sweet FA however, as I had two further dropouts last night whilst trying to stream a TV program. As a result, and in accordance with the invitation to reply to the SMS if the issue persists.I replied that the issue still does last night. So far, almost 24 hours later- silence. Im starting to wonder if TPG employs poorly trained monkeys, as this complaint is going the way of every other past complaint about my unreliable service. 

David 

Shane

Hi @Boozaboi,

I can confirm that the escalated fault has been closed by our Engineering Team since the service has been stable for 14h 32m but still under monitoring with our Technical Team, expect feedback from one of our Technicians anytime today.

Regards,

Thanks BasilDV, 

Unfortunately after recieving SMS advice of a ticket re this issue and a statement that its being looked into, I recieved a further SMS last night advising that "our tests show your service is now working. Fault ticket (XXXX) is now closed and any technician appointment cancelled." There was no word of what was done if anything with regard my connection. It seems seems sweet FA however, as I had two further dropouts last night whilst trying to stream a TV program. As a result, and in accordance with the invitation to reply to the SMS if the issue persists.I replied that the issue still does last night. So far, almost 24 hours later- silence. Im starting to wonder if TPG employs poorly trained monkeys, as this complaint is going the way of every other past complaint about my unreliable service. 

David 

Boozaboi
Level 2
Thanks Shane.
Your message is at least one with some content. Can you advise was anything actually done however, or is it a case of a some weeks of constant dropouts (as opposed to regular ones) ending all by itself?
David
Shane

Hi @Boozaboi,

Based on our Engineering Team's assessment they escalated the dropouts affecting the service to the NBN Co. but no line faults were found it seems that the issue was fixed by itself. 

Regards,

Thanks Shane.
Your message is at least one with some content. Can you advise was anything actually done however, or is it a case of a some weeks of constant dropouts (as opposed to regular ones) ending all by itself?
David