TPG Community

Get online support

Constant dropouts and low bandwidth

DerekJohnson
Level 2

I'm posting here as I'm currently unable to get though via phone.

I've had TPG NBN for several months now.  What started as a below par service has been getting steadily worse as the weeks have gone on.

I now have constant dropouts which cause all sorts of problems. I also have very low bandwidth I'm paying for the 50Mbps plan but I'm lucky if I get 7Mbps.

The last straw was today when I was trying to work from home and the NBN dropped out completely.

Is there someone who can look into these problems?

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @DerekJohnson

Welcome to the Community! 

Apologies if you weren't able to get through our phone support yesterday as we have experienced an unplanned outage which affected both our phone and internet services. 

Based on the reports provided by NBN Co, the connection performance issues you experienced within the past 5 days were caused by optimisation activities. During this proactive maintenance, customers may lose connectivity for a maximum of 3 hours at one time. Most service impacting work will occur for one business day or less within the change window, however it is possible some work will occur consecutively and/or on a number of occasions during the window.

The maintenance performed today should be done by end of business day. Though I've seen that your modem appears to be connected for almost 8hrs now, please do let us know should you still continue experiencing issues after the given timeframe. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

DerekJohnson
Level 2

Hi there.

This is a speed test that I've just run

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/14c32d70-4333-11ea-afdd-ef1fcf0f6f19

As you can see the bandwidth is pretty low.  So far this evening I haven't experienced any futher dropouts.

BasilDV

Thank you @DerekJohnson

Did you test the speed via Wired or Wireless connection?

We've tested the line and was not able to detect any fault within the network.

You may check the troubleshooting guide that we've created here.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

DerekJohnson
Level 2

Thanks for doing the line test. I've moved the position of my PC ( which is using wifi ) and I now get the following results 

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/ac0d2f40-433e-11ea-97fa-f3984aa2816e

So like you're suggesting it looks like its the wifi signal that's the problem.  Do you sell anything that could help with boosting my signal?

BasilDV

Hi @DerekJohnson,

Good to hear that you are getting a good speed now.

Currently, we don't sell anything that can boost your WiFi connection, but you may consider getting a Wireless extender, Mesh network, Powerline adapter, etc. that will help you eliminate the blind spots in your premises.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

BasilDV