Contact from NBNco

mugsy
Level 2
I’m in currently in the processing of installing NBN (HFC) in my apartment with TPG. I have all the equipment, including the NBN black box, and I’m now just waiting to be connected.

Today I have been contacted twice by someone claiming to be from NBN, asking me to return their call on a 1300 number, so that they can assist with the installation over the phone. I was under the impression that as the wholesaler, NBN would never contact me directly, and all updates re installation, equipment etc should come through TPG. Can you confirm whether this is legit? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @mugsy ,

Welcome to the community!

On this particular case a NBN technician might be required to attend to your premises to complete the installation. TPG do are not allowed to send a technician to complete the installation,  all information about the scheduled installation appointment will be confirm via email.

I recommend to check the inbox of the associated e-mail address on the account for verification. 

Note: If an installation appointment is required, you or an authorised person over 18 years of age will be required to be at the premises on the day of the technician visit On the installation day, an NBN installer will come to your home to do the necessary work.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

@mugsy wrote:
I’m in currently in the processing of installing NBN (HFC) in my apartment with TPG. I have all the equipment, including the NBN black box, and I’m now just waiting to be connected.

Today I have been contacted twice by someone claiming to be from NBN, asking me to return their call on a 1300 number, so that they can assist with the installation over the phone. I was under the impression that as the wholesaler, NBN would never contact me directly, and all updates re installation, equipment etc should come through TPG. Can you confirm whether this is legit? Thanks.