TPG Community

Get online support

D-link Cobra DSL-5300 configuration issue

SOLVED Go to solution
mihailzamfir
Level 2

Hi

I am having hard time setting up a Cobra DSL-5300 to work with my NBN FTC. Any suggestions ?

Rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mihailzamfir
Level 2

Hi,

Problem was fixed long time ago by hardcoding the speed / duplex; it looks like NBN box and the WAN Giga port on the router didn't agree on the duplex. Trial and error and voila ! Really impressed with the perfromance of this router .

Rgds

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Shane

Hi @mihailzamfir,

Welcome to the community!

Can you post a screen shot of your modem/router's settings configuration?

In case you need a reference for the required modem/router's settings.

Please visit this link: NBN modem/router's general settings.

Regards,

mihailzamfir
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

Hi @mihailzamfir,

Regards,

Hi,

I have attached a few screenshots of the setup. The end result is (i.e I don't get layer 3 working - I suspect authentication error but am 100% positive I've got the corect username and password) :

Cable Status:

Connected

Connection Type:

PPPoE

Network Status:

Disconnected

3.jpg4.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

Shane

Hi @mihailzamfir,

Have you tried re-entering your TPG Username and password to the configuration page? Another option is to factory reset the modem/router and re-enter your TPG username and password without using the domain '@tpg.com.au'

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

@Shane wrote:

Hi @mihailzamfir,

Regards,

Hi,

I have attached a few screenshots of the setup. The end result is (i.e I don't get layer 3 working - I suspect authentication error but am 100% positive I've got the corect username and password) :

Cable Status:

Connected

Connection Type:

PPPoE

Network Status:

Disconnected

3.jpg4.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

2fly
Level 5

@mihailzamfir 

If this is for FTTC you need to change the WAN Access Type to Ethernet WAN

Then Enable the VLAN in Triple Play

Go to Settings -> Internet -> VLAN

Enable VLAN and use 2 for Internet VLAN ID and Save it

VLAN.png

mihailzamfir
Level 2

Hi,

Problem was fixed long time ago by hardcoding the speed / duplex; it looks like NBN box and the WAN Giga port on the router didn't agree on the duplex. Trial and error and voila ! Really impressed with the perfromance of this router .

Rgds

kieronagius
Level 3
Hi,

I am also using the D-Link cobra and am having issues in connecting to the NBN. Can I ask how you got yours working?

Thanks,
Kieron
Will

Hi @kieronagius

Welcome to the Community!

I was able to pull up your account using your community information. It appears that this is a new account and that your actual order is still pending completion. That being said, we're able to detect that the NBN Network Connection Device seems to be working.

Since the order is not yet completed fully, it's best to test if the service will work at this point by using the TPG-supplied modem. This way, we'll know if we first need to wait for the full completion of the order or if you can start tweaking your preferred modem device for the connection.

Bear in mind though that the homephone will not work with 3rd party modems.

Regards,

kieronagius
Level 3
Hi,

I have connected the TP Link modem supplied and I connect to the internet. I have also look at the settings within TP Link modem and I did notice the user name is different from what I was told to use which was my user name without the @tpg.com.au. Also the password stored in the TP Link modem does not match what I had.
Will

Hi @kieronagius

I can see that a modem is now connected to our server.

As for the PPPoE username shown in the TP-Link, by default, it's set to tpg_acs. This allows the modem to connect to our server and download the required information to automatically configure your modem. This automatic configuration will only work with TPG-supplied modems. Hence why you need to manually configure your 3rd party modem using the correct account login details.