TPG Community

Get online support

Delay NBN installation/activation for 1 month

colinpro
Level 2

Hi there, 

 

I called TPG a couple of days ago to setup a new NBN service after my current contract with another ISP. I also contacted the current ISP to cancel the service , but they replied I needed to give them 30 days notice, which I was totally unaware of. So, I would like to seek your advice how I should proceed, given the following two options? (my currently contract ends 2 jun 2021, which seems to be a perfect time for TPG to connect in Jun. ) 

Option1:  Will you be able to contact current ISP and switch for us without waiting for 30 days?

Option2:  I have the modern from TPG now and engineers (on behalf of TPG ) contacted me for NBN setup. Can I ask to hold till end of Jun ? 

 

Your advice is much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Shane
Moderator

Hi @colinpro,

 

Welcome to the community!

 

Thanks for raising this to us, TPG does not have access with your existing account from different provider, it is best to contact them directly to discuss the cancellation procedure. On the other hand, we can help, check if it is possible to move the activation/installation of the TPG service to later date. 
 

Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

 

Regards,

 

 

 

Hi there, 

 

I called TPG a couple of days ago to setup a new NBN service after my current contract with another ISP. I also contacted the current ISP to cancel the service , but they replied I needed to give them 30 days notice, which I was totally unaware of. So, I would like to seek your advice how I should proceed, given the following two options? (my currently contract ends 2 jun 2021, which seems to be a perfect time for TPG to connect in Jun. ) 

Option1:  Will you be able to contact current ISP and switch for us without waiting for 30 days?

Option2:  I have the modern from TPG now and engineers (on behalf of TPG ) contacted me for NBN setup. Can I ask to hold till end of Jun ? 

 

Your advice is much appreciated.