TPG Community

Get online support

Delivery of TPG modem for new installation

SOLVED Go to solution
Luna
Level 5

Hi all, 

How does TPG deliver modems for new customers, is it courier or Australia Post?

Want to understand what I need to do if I'm not home when the modem is delivered.

~ Luna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveP
Level 2

Hi Luna

If you are not home at the time the courier delivers the modem you will get a card in your mailbox with instructions to go to the Australia Post Office where the modem was taken. Be sure to take ID (drivers licence) with you as well as the card that was left in your mailbox.

Hope this helps.

SteveP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew
Level 3

G'Day Luna, I actually picked my modem up from their warehouse at North Ryde.

Saved myself $10 and it was really easy to do. I do work and live in the area, though.

I'm sure other people have had more experience with getting the modem mailed out?

Telecaster
Level 3

Hi @Luna

When I signed up with TPG for ADSL bundle (like 5 yrs ago) they shipped me a modem through a courier company, it was Startrack. The day they processed it I also got an email from TPG with my tracking number so I can track my order on the Startrack website. I was at work on the day it was delivered and when I checked it online it said they attempted delvery and thats its waiting at my local post office. When I got  home I also found a note saying the same.

When I changed from ADSL home bundle to NBN theryshipped me another modem again through Startrack.

I got the email fwith my tracking number but the next morning the driver came in and delivered, luckily there was someone home to accept it. I guess if you live in Sydney you would get the deiivery within a day or two, other states might be longer.

SteveP
Level 2

Hi Luna

If you are not home at the time the courier delivers the modem you will get a card in your mailbox with instructions to go to the Australia Post Office where the modem was taken. Be sure to take ID (drivers licence) with you as well as the card that was left in your mailbox.

Hope this helps.

SteveP

Luna
Level 5

Thanks everyone for the responses. 

@SteveP is right, TPG send modems via courier Startrack (owned by AusPost) who deliver only during business hours. Modems can be tracked at https://startrack.com.au. If I'm not home for the modem delivery, I'll get a note in the letterbox to collect it from my local post office.