TPG Community

Get online support

Does TPG block any ports on NBN Services ? NBN HFC ?

SGSMikeG
Level 2

HI,

Does TPG block any inbound ports on NBN Services - specifically NBN HFC services ?  I know their sister company Internode DOES and it has to be turned off.....

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @SGSMikeG ,

TPG do not block any ports. Please confirm what you wish to accomplish with the connection.

Regards,

@SGSMikeG wrote:

HI,

Does TPG block any inbound ports on NBN Services - specifically NBN HFC services ?  I know their sister company Internode DOES and it has to be turned off.....

SGSMikeG
Level 2

Trying to set up RDP inbound on port 3389 to a TPG NBN HFC service - running the TPG / Internode default router - a Archer VR1600v v2

Trying to work out why I set up the port forward (called a virtual server on this router) .... and its not working Smiley Sad

david64
Level 15

Hi @SGSMikeG .

Does the RDP server computer have a fixed ip address on your home network?

Do you have a second computer you can use to telnet to the RDP computer to test the RDP server?

telnet  192.168.1.x  3389

The forwarding rule: external port 3389, internal port 3389, internal ip is the fixed ip of the RDP server.

When you try to access RDP remotely, do you have your public ip address? It is shown in the router status page. Or, have you set up DDNS so you don't need to worry about dynamic ip changes?