TPG Community

Get online support

Extreme Delay in NBN INstallation

wingks123
Level 2

I was with TPG ADSL 2+ for last 7 years without any major issue, and due to my move to new house, I asked TPG to move my broadband service to my new home which is NBN ready on 25th February 2019. The initial schedule was 6th March 2019 where NBN technician will be coming to perform the installation. However, since someone has to present at home, I changed the schedule to 13th March 2019 and took a day off for this practise. Before 13th March 2019, I received 2 calls from NBN identifying my home, which they can tell exactly how my house looks like in the call where they can identify my address. However, I receive another call from NBN on 8th March 2019 to verify my address, after I told them my address, they said they can't verify my address, then hang up my call without listening to me. Then I got a message from TPG that my installation had been re-scheduled to 20th March 2019. I called to TPG immediately and they said they can't do anything but to re-schedule, and I have to request for after hours installation so they schedule to 21st March 2019. I called TPG multiple times to make sure the technician will come and do not re-schedule again. On 18th March 2019, I receive a call from NBN again to verify my address, I tell them carefully my address, and again, they told me they can't verify my address and they have to re-schedule again. They don't even tell me why it can't be verified and just keep saying I have to contact TPG to get the address corrected. Again I call to TPG to make sure the address is correct and TPG said they have put in the correct address. My wife called to NBN to ask for the reason why they can't verify the address, NBN is blaming TPG that they only provide the street name without street number to NBN, that's why they can't verify the address, NBN told us to call to TPG to get the ticket number updated with the correct address. I call to TPG immediately to make sure the ticket is updated, and TPG feedback with a new ticket number. Today morning(19/03/2019) I receive another message from TPG saying that our schedule has been changed to 29th March 2019. My wife called to NBN to ask for the reason and they said the address is still incorrect, even the ticket on 29th March 2019 is incorrect, that means if this cannot be resolved, we will never get our internet service. I don't understand why NBN and TPG can't verify the address correctly where people already attended my house to identify with me. It has been almost 1 month without internet service and keep going. I wonder when this is going to be fixed and I really need the internet to perform my daily routine.

5 REPLIES 5
Will

Hi @wingks123

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered in trying to get the NBN service installed to your premises.We can only imagine how frustrating that is.

I was able to go through the history using your community details to pull up your account.

Our Provisioning Team has already coordinated this with NBNCo and on the last update that I can find, NBNCo needs to amend their records to match your service address.

I will have our Provisioning Team to contact you pertaining to this case so they can discuss with you in detail on what would be the steps that we'll have to perform to get an appointment that will be attended to by an NBN technician.

Please wait for a call before 6PM NSW today.

Regards,

Will

Hi @wingks123

A Provisioning Case Manager tried to contact you earlier today, but they were not able to reach you.

From what I can tell, they are clarifying the information that NBNCo provided in the ticket that we have raised. However, NBNCo is not able to provide clarification yet due to a maintenance on their system.

We'll follow up with NBNCo regarding the status tomorrow. In the meantime, can you send me a PM providing your best contact number and preferred time for a call back tomorrow. We suggest though that the call back is done in the afternoon for us to have time to coordinate with NBNCo regarding the ticket we have raised.

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

wingks123
Level 2

Hi,

I have already call back to the case manager and provided the required proof of address through email. I have also contacted the case manager again to ensure the email had been received by them. Please follow up with NBN for neccessary verification and get my internet connection installed ASAP. Thanks.

Will

Hi @wingks123

Your Case Manager has already raised this back to NBNCo. Our records show that the Provisioning Case Manager has already contacted you today about this case. She advised you that the next update, pending response from NBNCo, will be tomorrow.

Regards,

Will

Hi @wingks123

I can see that you've spoken to your assigned Case Manager. It was discussed with you that we're still waiting for NBNCo's update regarding the address associated with your order.  Since the response of NBNCo may take until next week, you have agreed to cancel the appointment to avoid the same thing that happened with the original appointment. Expect your Case Manager to provide you updates next week.

If you need our help, feel free to leave a message.

Regards,