TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB Install - no available ports

Caino
Level 2

Hi all,

I completed an order (17-Jun) to have FTTB connected after determining that the service was available at our address (via the TPG website) only to be told five days later (22-Jun) that there were no available ports for the address, and that the issue had been escalated to a third party wholesaler (FTTB Wholesale). I have since periodically followed up with TPG requesting an update on the service only to be told that there is no update from the wholesaler.

I would appreciate it if more information could be provided as to what "no available ports" means. Is it a port limitation on the MDF in the building, or is it a port limitation at the fiber node? Also, roughly, how long do issues like these take to resolve?

I appreciate your time on this matter.

Thanks,

Caino

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Caino,

Welcome to the community!

I used your community details to pull up your account and I got a match.

I will raise this to our FTTB wholesale team for the port availability in your building. We'll keep an eye on your FTTB Installation and provide you updates where is possible.

Regards,

Caino
Level 2

Thanks Shane.

I've been in contact with my case manager and have been informed that ports are allocated on a first come, first serve basis. I've also been advised by another case manager that the building MDF does not have enough ports for all apartments in the building.

It would be helpful to be advised whether the MDF capacity will ever be increased or whether we're best to wait for NBN availability sometime next year. 

Thanks,

Caino

Shane

You're welcome @Caino,

I'll pass this on to our relevant team for additional query. I'll get back to you as soon as I got an update about FTTB availability in your building.

Regards,

Caino
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I have recently gained access to the MDF in our building and found that while TPG has 30 pairs available, only 12 pairs are jumped. Would it then be fair to assume that TPG has only provided 12 FTTB ports to a building with 41 apartments?

Can we expect an update from your wholesaler if or when new ports will be provisioned? 

Regards,
Cain
Ahra_G

Hi Caino

I have sent a follow up with our Provisioning Team pertaining to your query. We'll await for their response tomorrow as they are unavailable during the weekends. 

We'll be in touch the soonest we hear from them. 

We appreciate your patience.