FTTC NCD No DSL Light

HellsHammer
Level 2

Received NBN FTTC modem, etc. Plugged everything in and the DSL light on the NCD is not on. Power and connection LEDs are solid blue.

Tried power cycling and resetting the NCD but no difference.

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @HellsHammer, we had a look at your account and we can see that the activation of your NBN FTTC service is still in progress.

This has been escalated to our Provisioning Team and a follow up has been made to fast track the resolution.

Are you also able to double check if the equipment set up is correct? This community article can guide you: NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

HellsHammer
Level 2

Hi @Riezl ,
Yep, the equipment is setup are per the Setup Guide. 
This morning I also noticed that the status for the installation on the TPG website is "in progress". This made it a little confusing since I received the modem, plus had emails and also a text stating "your NBN service is awaiting activation. Connect your NBN modem to avoid service disruption". 

As I need my Internet for IT work purposes, I unplugged everything and went back to my ASDL modem last night and at least had Internet access. This morning I had no ADSL connection, so re-connected the NBN modem, etc. But that still does not work.

So now I have no Internet at all. Whats my options going forward?

Will

Hi @HellsHammer,

From what I can tell, you have already spoken to one of our Provisioning Case Managers earlier today. You were informed that since remote activation failed, an NBN technician is needed to complete the installation of the service of which you agreed to a certain appointment date.

As for your ADSL connection, our tests show that your modem is already up and running for at least 3 hours.

Let me know if you require additional assistance.

Regards,

HellsHammer
Level 2

Hi @Will 

Yes I managed to sort of my ASDL connection. With all the changes to cabling, looks like I had a temperamental cable.

Will wait till the NBN technician for an onsite check/installation to see if NBN can be sorted.

Out of curiosity, I have noticed that the new AC1600 modem that you sent has a completely different username/password than mine on the EWAN configuration page. Is that how its supposed to be?

Riezl

The modem is pre-configured and once your service is activated, it will automatically connect to our server.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.