TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NCD box not connecting

brendzzunit
Level 2

I have been in contact with support a few times and nothing has been fixed.

I have a problem with the NCD not connecting and therefore having no internet on my FTTC connection.

A tech was apparently assigned to check it out, and they sent me a sms telling me it was working fine, that is not the case. I havn't had a working connection for more than 10mins at a time for 2 days now.

I replied to the techs sms like it asked me too and it said they would call me but it didn't happen, I didnt receive a phone call.

The ncd device just sits on the link and dsl light flashing and the device ticking, it will connect for maybe 5mins every hour or so and then drop off again. Even your android app shows that the connection is not currently working.

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @brendzzunit

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage. Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

The modem we provide is pre-configured and should work in a few minutes after setting it up. Though there are instances that it really takes a while to connect to our server, usually it should just be at least 30mins to an hour.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

In your case, the issue is now raised to NBN Co by our Engineering team and is awaiting updates for an appointment date for a tech visit.

Further info will be communicated via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

brendzzunit
Level 2
I still have no working connection, new NCD left by NBN.

Its been 5 days since I have had a connection that worked for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Two techs now, one was meant to come today as well but noone showed and still noone has done any meaningful testing or found me a solution.

First tech checked online and said it was working, didnt even show up.

Second tech showed up, changed ncd worked for long enough for him to take photos and leave, internet stopped about 30mins after he left.

Call tech support again, another tech was meant to come but never showed. So for 5 days now I have had no usable service whilst trying to work from home due to covid and home school my child.
brendzzunit
Level 2
Now, 3rd tech has shown up, said there was a break from the pit to the house, left without fixing it. Said NBN have to come and fix it, left with no internet still, no solution and now no idea when NBN will come to change 2metres of wire from my pit to side of my house.
brendzzunit
Level 2
Another day another tech and still no internet. Someone came, ran a rope for 2ms where the cable needs to be replaced and left saying someone else will come another day to change the cable.

8 days now, no internet, 5techs, no fixes and now no information when anyone is coming to fix.