TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NO INTERNET CONNECTION

mikaelagrinter
Level 2
I have done everything correct with setting up the NBN FTTC box and modem. I have reset the modem and my devices multiple times but still not connection. All the lights on the NBN box and modem are on, but every time I try to connect to the wifi. The first screen comes up and doesn’t go away.
I’ve had texts from TPG to say that my installation is complete but they can’t see me online.
4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

So, is TPG saying that they can see your wifi router through the NBN network? And the lights on both boxes look ok?

Do you have a device you can connect to the router with a cable? Does the internet work in this case?

What is this "first screen" that doesn't go away?

Has this setup worked before or is it a new installation? 

If new, you may have to set the SSID (I think) of the wifi router into your wifi devices.

mikaelagrinter
Level 2
This is a new installation.
Texts I’ve received say
‘TPG: Your NBN service is installed but we can't see you online. For modem setup help visit link.tpg.com.au/xMoUBn. For modem delivery: www.tpg.com.au/modemdelivery’

Your website does not allow me me to upload the screenshot of screen I’m getting. It’s says ‘your new installed NBN broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured.’
Under this it says ‘if this message stays for more than 30 minutes try rebooting (I’ve done this 8 times). If this persists contact the helpdesk of your internet provider’.
What’s SSID, there is nothing like this on the router
Riezl

Hi @mikaelagrinter ,

For new services, we recommend customers to check first if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help

In your case, the service has been activated and it shows up and running now. The SSID is a technical term for a network name or Wi-Fi name.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Jakecarold
Level 2
Hi. Just want to know how long will it take for the activation of my nbn internet connection? I already set up and connected both the tpg modem and ncb. Thank you