TPG Community

Get online support

FTTP from FTTC upgrade now available

SOLVED Go to solution
robertjw
Level 4

Hi - I see that this is now available at my address, by choosing a higher speed plan. e.g. 250 MB/s upwards.

Another provider shows it is available from 12th June 2022.

How can I get this happening through TPG, rather than have to change my internet provider?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fitwizard
Level 2
What’s happening with this?
Our next-door neighbour is with Telstra and currently being upgraded from FTTC to FTTP, but NBN tell me that TPG is not one of the participating retailers.
I rang TPG to find out what’s going on. I was on the phone for almost an hour and got transferred 4 times. Finally got the matter escalated and given a ticket number. Told that they will call me back within 48hrs, but we will probably be changing to Telstra or Optus to get the upgrade now!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Angeli

Hi @robertjw

We will be participating in the NBN Fibre Connect Program soon. If you're interested, we can register your details and notify you as soon as it's ready. The program will only be available in selected areas. Can you please confirm which suburb you live in and we'll check if it's included as part of the program?

robertjw
Level 4

Thanks for the prompt reply Angeli.

I am in North Narrabeen.

Angeli

Hi, 

We're sorry, it looks like your suburb isn't part of the program yet. Feel free to contact us again at a later date and we can check if it does become part of the program. Keep safe!

robertjw
Level 4

Thanks for the update but other providers, for example Superloop advises that my address is eligible for an FTTP upgrade from 12th June 2022.

My address may be covered under Warriewood NSW.

I have attached a link to a NBN release from today that lists my suburb, as well as the surrounding suburbs, as part of the invite to upgrade to FTTP.

Is TPG aware of this release? To make it quicker to read, listed are:

Narrabeen, North Narrabeen, Warriewood,

https://www.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/media-centre/media-statements/nbn-delivers-access-to-...

Therefore, is TPG planning to be part of this upgrade?

I would rather keep to TPG, you have been a pretty good provider and I have used your service for more than 12 years now.

robertjw
Level 4

Hi - where is this going?

I was advised accounts would be in touch but I have had no further contact.

NBN have advised me that I am able to move to FTTP from FTTC - it is only a very short fibre optic cable run to my house. The conduit is in place and the pit serving several houses is at my front gate.

Is TPG going to be part of this upgrade path or would I be better to go elsewhere?

Shane

Hi @robertjw,

The details for the NBN FTTP upgrade program will be provided when it becomes available, at the moment no news yet is available this time. 

Regards,

Hi - where is this going?

I was advised accounts would be in touch but I have had no further contact.

NBN have advised me that I am able to move to FTTP from FTTC - it is only a very short fibre optic cable run to my house. The conduit is in place and the pit serving several houses is at my front gate.

Is TPG going to be part of this upgrade path or would I be better to go elsewhere?

robertjw
Level 4

Ok OK - so that means no one actually has the upgrade available yet?

Angeli

Hi @robertjw

The Fibre Connect Program of TPG has not commenced yet though we register the details of our interested customers so when it becomes available, they'll be notified. 

fitwizard
Level 2
What’s happening with this?
Our next-door neighbour is with Telstra and currently being upgraded from FTTC to FTTP, but NBN tell me that TPG is not one of the participating retailers.
I rang TPG to find out what’s going on. I was on the phone for almost an hour and got transferred 4 times. Finally got the matter escalated and given a ticket number. Told that they will call me back within 48hrs, but we will probably be changing to Telstra or Optus to get the upgrade now!