TPG Community

Get online support

Feeling hopeless with NBN & TPG

rkwong79
Level 3
I am feeling hopeless with NBN and TPG. I have tried the install the NBN since May. Until now, I still haven’t got any luck after 3 times of trial. The NBN technician team came 3 times and doing the same thing again and again, open up whatever they could in my ceiling and comm riser. They still can’t detect any signals from my paid TV outlets.
I am living in an 3 Storey unit block and I have confirmed that my neighbours are successfully connected to NBN. I could be the only unit in my building which can not get any signals. Nobody can tell me what is wrong and provide me any solutions. NBN promised that they are going to send someone from the remediation team to fix my issue. However, only normal technicians turned up each time and kept telling me can’t be connected.
It seems like the cable from the building NBN connection point to my unit is not working. No solutions are given.
I am feeling frustrated and helpless. I am going to lodge a formal complaint to TPG and Ombudsman.

PS. NBN technicians always left a mess, their fingerprints are all over my walls and ceilings.
The roll out of NBN is a joke!
9 REPLIES 9
Riezl

Hi @rkwong79, we're sorry to know that you're having issues with the NBN installation and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. We understand how this can be frustrating and we'd like to help get to the bottom of this.

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that this issue has been raised to our Provisioning Team. The team is expecting to receive an update from NBN Co. in 2 business days. We will make a follow up and ensure that you will be contacted once an update becomes available.

We have also escalated your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team and a case manager will contact you via email or a phone call within 24-48 hours.

Let us know via PM should you have a preferred email address and contact number. Thank you.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Will

Hi @rkwong79,

I'm glad to see that your Complaints Resolution Case Manager has already contacted you about your concern. Furthermore, our records show that a Provisioning Case Manager was able to book a technician appointment based on your discussion.

I hope you can bear with us further. We definitely want you to stay with us.

Let me know if there's anything else that we can be of assistance.

Regards,

rkwong79
Level 3
NBN is absolutely hopeless.

We are meant to have our 4th appointment today to resolve our installation problem between 8am to 12pm. It’s now 12:20 and the technician is no where to be seen. There wasn’t even a call to advise us if they can come or not.

We have made arrangements with our body corporate members to meet with the technician in case some rectification work is required in the common area.

We had to make arrangements with 2 different body corporate members as they do have their own appointments to attend to.

This is absolutely ridiculous, you are not only inconveniencing me but also my body corporate members as they had to arrange their time to assist me.

In the meantime, I will now lodged a formal complaint to telecommunications ombudsman.
BasilDV

Hi @rkwong79,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

We'll chase this with our Provisioning team and have your case manager to contact NBN Co to follow up with their given schedule for the NBN technician visit.

They'll be in touch within the day to provide you with the updates.

Regards,

BasilDV

rkwong79
Level 3
The NBN technician has finally arrived outside the arranged time frame. Again, they just sent the wrong guy. He just can’t advise us anything. As told by all previous technicians, they will need to send someone from the remediation team to rectify the issue. After all my complaints, they still can’t send the right guy. Does NBN just simply from Mars and they just can’t understand anything on Earth???
BasilDV

Hi @rkwong79,

We understand that our Provisioning team has been in touch and was advised that the case was escalated to NBN Co.

Further updates will be given on Monday by your case manager.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

BasilDV

rkwong79
Level 3
Formal Complaint to TIO

TIO reference number is: 2019/07/03235
Riezl

We have forwarded this to our Complaints Resolution Team.

The case manager will contact you within 24-48 hours to further discuss the matter.

rkwong79
Level 3
The communications between TPG and NBN are so poor. Looks like one is from Mars and the other is from Venus, never be able to understand human on Earth.