TPG Community

Get online support

Forced to NBN service without authorisation

toddt1985
Level 2

Hi,

I have received an email from TPG a short while ago telling me that my request to change to NBN has been received and processed. This makes absolutely no sense as I never made any such request. Whilst I am aware that NBN is now available at my home, I have not decided which provider I will go with, and actually have no intention of moving to NBN with TPG.

I can't understand how I can be forced to move to NBN (from ADSL2+) without authorisation? 

Look forward to a prompt explanation and confirmation that this service change will be cancelled. 

Thanks, 

Todd 

5 REPLIES 5
David_M

Hi @toddt1985 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @toddt1985 

This situation is a bit complex for me to handle. Im not sure what has happened here but TPG don't start migrations without permissions.

I have passed on your issue to our senior accounts officers and someone will call you ASAP to discuss it.

It seems NBN-FTTC is the tech available in your area. It is one of the more stable NBN types.

If you stay with us, it might make sense to start your migration and benefit from the large speed increases.

Regards,

David_M

toddt1985
Level 2

Hi David, 

I absolutely did not provide TPG with any instruction to change my service, hence why I am contacting you guys. 

I look forward to receiving that phone call. 

Thanks, 

Todd 

toddt1985
Level 2
Hi,
I still haven’t received a phone call about this?
Also, I’ve since received a text telling me my new modem is being couriered to me! A modem I did not even ask for! And this morning I see I’ve had a further $30 debited from my account (presumably because this is the difference between your top NBN plan cost and my current ADSL plan cost). This is just ridiculous and unless I get a call back today, I’ll be lodging a complaint with the TIO.
Thanks.
David_M

Hi @toddt1985 

I have resent the request, im sure it is progressing in these exceptionally busy times.

Thanks,