TPG Community

Get online support

HFC service class 22 incorrect - NBN want $300 for a NTD?

eekimus86
Level 2

It's been a long drawn out saga but here is where we are right now.

Dec-2020: Instructed by Telstra my home address is incorrect and submit a new development application with NBNCo to fix my address.

Jan-2021: NBNCo contractors were confused, going to my neighbor first (incorrect address) then coming to my house and being surprise to see that my PCD was already there on the side of the hous. They tested the coax cable and wall plate and said it was all connected and ready to go. They took photos of everything and went on their way.

Feb-2021: case closed after uploading documents of ownership, lot/plan details, and NBNCo sending multiple contractors to my house. I get a letter from NBN saying I'm good to go.

It's been a month since I signed up with TPG and after multiple phone calls, NBN still think my house is service class 22, even though the wall plate is there and ready to go, just missing the NTD. I believe it should be service class 23 as I am just missing the NTD.

The real problem is NBNCo still wanting me to pay the $300 new development fee. I believe the previous house owners would have paid it already, and maybe took the NTD with them when I bought the house. How else would I have a PCD and wall plate already installed in my house otherwise? 

I believe I've been flagged in the system as I had to submit a new development to try and fix the address (which they didn't fix up until a week ago when TPG prompted them). If I have to pay NBNCo another $300, what do they do with it? All the lead-ins, PCD, wall socket and wiring is there. I just need a new NTD.  

4 REPLIES 4
eekimus86
Level 2

I can't verfiy if the previous owners would have paid it but I assume they would have, otherwise there wouldn't be a grey NBN box on the side of my house and a coax wall plate connected to it? I think they removed the NTD and took it with them not knowing it won't work elsewhere.

I thought NBN only charge the $300 once, or does each new person that signs up need to pay it? I just feel like NBN don't have my house under the correct service class - I mean, they didn't even have my address/location ID correct for the last 4 years.

Ahra_G

Hi @eekimus86

The Australian Government has recently released a policy regarding charges for building new telecommunications infrastructure in development areas.

Previously nbn™ were responsible for meeting the cost of providing fibre to new developments, however, this new policy stipulates the cost will now be passed onto both the developers and actual households that are being connected. Having said this, TPG will asked you process the payment and then we will forward it to NBN™  Co.

We'd like to check what happened in this instance and get to the bottom of your concern. 

Please send us your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ahra_G

eekimus86
Level 2

Hi, I've been communicating with a case manager who is forwarding my photos and comments to NBNCo.

My main concern is not wanting to pay the $300 for a new development since my house isn't a new development - it appears like it was connected to NBN 4 years ago with active PCD and wall plate, but no NTD. In addition they haven't been able to get my address right for years.

Ahra_G

I understand and we're glad to know that a Case Manager has already been assigned on your case, @eekimus86

Nonetheless, we are just a PM away should any further assistance arise. 

Thanks!