Home Phone Porting

Xrissy
Level 2

I have been waiting 22 days to get my home phone number ported from my previous internet provider to TPG. TPG claim this process should take 2-5 days.Can anyone assist with letting me know just how I can get TPG to actually help me get this done?

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @Xrissy

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for reaching out to us and apologies for the delay in getting your homephone working. We would like to further check what happened in this instance. 

The normal process is we need to wait for the service to be installed before we can start the porting process. Porting of a homephone number can take up to 5 working days depending on the type of service you have (NBN, ADSL, Offnet). 

I went ahead and tried searching for your account using your Community details however I'm unable to find any match. Any chance you can send your Customer ID or username via private message so we can check the status of your service? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Good day, @Xrissy

I got your PM and have checked the history of the account and the progress of the porting. The porting request has already been acknowledged by the phone provider however for some reason, it got rejected. 

Our Homephone provisioning team has chased this and is awaiting updates and is being closely monitored. You will be contacted as soon as we hear from the phone provider. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you. 

Xrissy
Level 2

Thanks for your assistance on my "porting" problem. All seems a bit strange to me. Not sure why the request for my number would be rejected. I currently can still use it. Any way, I'll wait for your further response when the information becomes available.

Ahra_G

We appreciate the patience whilst we work on this matter, @Xrissy

We'll keep in touch. 

Ahra_G

Good day, @Xrissy

I realised that one of our Case Managers has already advised you that the porting request failed since it has been rejected by your previous provider. 

Please do not forget to respond directly to the email sent by the officer once the homephone number has been reactivated so we can proceed with porting process. 

Feel free to let us know should you have further queries. 

Cheers!