TPG Community

Get online support

How do I get an NBN connection box?

AshM
Level 2

Hi,

My roomates and I moved into a townhouse about 6 weeks ago in an HFC NBN area. We cannot find an NBN connection box anywhere on the premises. How can we get an NBN connection box installed?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @AshM

Welcome to the Community!

NBNCo is the one that installs the NBN connection box at the customer's premises. The NBN connection boxes are properties of NBNCo. If the previous owner of the house or tenant had NBN service before then the NBN connection box should already be there and just needs to be plugged into a power socket. Now if NBN service has never been active in the premises, there's a need for an NBN technician to actually install the said equipment.

I tried to pull up your account using your community details, to check the service classification of your order, unfortunately, I'm not able to find an exact match. Would you be able to send me a PM providing your TPG username or customer ID and your service address so I can look into it further? For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Hi @AshM 

Thank you for your PM today providing your account details.

Regards,

Will

Hi @AshM

I checked the installation status and I can see that there's an appointment that's been booked for an NBN technician to install the NBN connection box at your premises. Please refer to an email that was sent pertaining to the appointment. We can see that the Account Holder has confirmed the said appointment with our Provisioning Team yesterday.

Initially, there wasn't supposed to be a technician visit. The reason for that is because NBNCo has tagged your order as Service Class 24 which means that there was a working NBN service at your premises before you moved in. Since the NBN connection box is a property of NBNCo, it was expected that the device is still present at the location.

Our Provisioning Team has attempted to contact the Account Holder back in January 18 to discuss the progress of the order. At that time we're not able to detect the NBN connection box which was supposed to be existing already, hence, the reason for a follow up call to confirm if the NBN box is missing or simply not plugged in. Unfortunately, we were unable to reach the account holder at that time. An SMS was sent providing a request for a return call from the Account Holder.

In regards to your query about the payment, since TPG is a prepaid service; your initial payment is comprised of an installation fee and your 1st month fee. The initial billing cycle commences when your installation is complete. At the moment, your first billing cycle hasn't started yet.

Regards,

Will

Hi @AshM

We can see that your service is already installed and we've detected that it's already working.

If you need further assistance from us, please don't hesitate to leave us a message.

Regards,