TPG Community

Get online support

How to find out when an installation is happening

tonylemish
Level 2

Hi

I have just signed up to TPG and am awaiting an installation.  The online status has been "Your installation is progressing" for 2 weeks.  I understand there are some delays in installations, however how do I find out an indicative timeframe (ie. am I waiting a day, a week, a month or a year?).  Without the installation I am without internet.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @tonylemish,

For new services, we recommend customers to check if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help

For us to look into this further, please send us a private message with your customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

tonylemish
Level 2
Thanks very much for the response and the information.

I was aware how to check the Installation status online and had already confirmed that my “installation is progressing”.

My challenge is that the status has not changed, hence I have no idea when I will have internet. And it seems I’m unable to contact anyone to ask.

Is there any way I can find out the likely timeframe for the installation? If it’s going to be too long, or I can’t get any information as to when it will happen, I’ll have to look at another provider (which I’d prefer not to do).
This Is the first time I’ve dealt with TPG and thus far it hasn’t been overly positive but hopefully that will change. I was looking to add more services to my bundle - which I’ll still consider if the first service is connected soon and it performs well.

Any help is most welcome.
Thanks 🙏, Tony
Ahra_G

Hi @tonylemish

NBN services installation can generally take 10 working days to be installed however, there is what we call Service Class types for each NBN Technology. We quote a standard installation timeframe of 2-30 working days. 

Your NBN FTTN is under Service Class 10 which means further checking needs to be done prior to installation. 

A Case Manager will be assigned as a sole point of contact and will be the one to coordinate with NBN Co regarding the progress of the installation. 

I have requested for the officer to provide feedback via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G