Installation time NBN

yanhan1988
Level 2

Hi,

I recently moved to a new house and have ended my contract with telstra and moved to TPG. I've paid last week and got the router yesterday, waiting for nbn activiation.

On the brochure, it says can take up to 30 businesss days! That's way too slow, if I know it will take that long I won't even consider switching from Telstra at the start. Wish your sales team would warn me this before I made the payment!!!

Then try to call from 8:00 am this morning, saying phones are limited asking me go online, which I did, now after 3 hours still waiting in the queue, about 400 people in front of me. 

I run a business from home and have a home office, without internet this is really bad for me, can someone please help. thank you

my customer id: xxxxx

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @yanhan1988,

TPG is a prepaid service; your initial payment is comprised of an installation fee and your 1st month fee.

The initial billing cycle commences when your install is complete.

By operating this way we are able to keep costs down to continue offering the best value deals possible to our customers. The installation process begins as soon as we receive these specified funds from the customer.

The installation process generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases. We will send you email notification once the installation/activation date has been confirmed.

If the installation date has been confirmed and you want to reschedule it, this community article may help you: Check or Reschedule Your TPG Installation via tpg.com.au/install

For new services, we recommend customers to check if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help

In your case, we can see that the service has been activated and the connection shows up and running now.

We apologise for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.