TPG Community

Get online support

Installer failed to attend installation booking

johns1
Level 2

NBN installer to perform installation today. Complete failure as they did not show up.

no contact or message that they would not attend. So I have no idea what is happening.

called TPG and finally got to speak to someone after being on hold for 15 minutes.

TPG call operator was no help, advised that the complaint would be escalated and I would gat a call from a supervisor. No one has called back.

still no information about failure to install today from TPG or NBN

can somebody please tell me when the promised installation by NBN is going to happen

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @johns1,

Welcome to Community! 

We understand your frustrations regarding the installation appointment particularly when you have organised to be at home. If the account I've managed to pull up is the correct one, it showed that the internet is already working. 

We normally require our customer(s) to be at home during an installation in the event that the technician will need to do further testing on the line or inside the premise to ensure the activation of the service or if there are additional works that needed to be done. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Regards,

Ahra_G 

johns1
Level 2

Yes today, late this afternoon I received a call from the NBN installer that he would be at my home in 10 minutes, unfortunately as I had no other warning that the install had been rescheduled without any notice, I was not at home,

so I then had to very quickly arrange a family member to quickly go to my house to give access for the installer. Luckily this was possible and so the installer was able to access and perform the install.

i would have been extremely angry if we missed the installation as a result of such very short notice of the installers unscheduled arrival.

it is very disappointing that I did not get any response to my report to my complaint from TPG until your response over 30 hours since my report was lodged and after the NBN installer had made his unscheduled visit.

clearly there is very poor communication between NBN and TPG and neither company has any real care for the customer.

not at all happy with this experience.

Riezl

Soon all of Australia will be connected up to the NBN and whilst in the vast majority of cases the transition happens seamlessly we apologise that this was not your experience.

We are glad to know that your service is now up and running and we appreciate your effort in arranging someone to attend the technician visit.

We take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll make sure that yours will be taken into account.

If there's anything else that we can be of assistance, please let us know.