TPG Community

Get online support

Internet Light Not Coming on - New NBN connection

swanga1
Level 2

Hi There

So we had the NBN connected to our house yesterday after being told it was available to our house (we were on ADSL as we live on acreage).  Unfortunately no green light came on for the internet.  When I called TPG the phone operator did a line test and said there was a fault with the line, however the green light was on for the line?  Surely before you hook up the NBN to a house and begin charging you test the line as part of the process to ensure the internet will work.

Having checked the online solutions, looks like it could be a line issue, my password and username might be wrong, the modem may need to be reset and so and so on.  At this point in time we have no internet and no idea when the issue is going to be fixed.  I would have expected a call first thing this morning to advise next steps and perhaps an apology that the service isnt working.  

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @swanga1,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We're sorry to know that you're having issues with the newly installed NBN service and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that you have been in touch with our Technical Team.

As per checking, the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team and it was lodged to NBN Co. for further investigation.

We can see that the case engineer has provided an update about this and an NBN technician has been booked.

The team is closely monitoring this and you will be contacted via SMS or a phone call as soon as the final report regarding the outcome of the technician visit becomes available.

Should you have further queries, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.