TPG Community

Get online support

Issues with online games - Drop Outs?

RAMPAGE572
Level 2

I'm not sure why this is happening but it's been happening for a few months now where I'll be playing an online game, specifically Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and my connection will drop or all packets will stop.

Yes I've port forwarded everything... reset modem multiple times. Still happens. I can't figure out why my service is dropping or cutting connection just when I play Call of Duty on PC?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @RAMPAGE572 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. I ran an initial test to the service it shows no line fault or dropout record that could affect the service. We'd like to confirm if your PC is connected via WI-FI or LAN/Ethernet cable.

In the event that its connected via Wi-Fi there is a possibility that the packet loss is caused by Wireless Interference.

If that is the cause we did an article that you may find helpful please see links below.

For additional reference on this particular issue please post the screenshot of the in game latency.

Regards,

@RAMPAGE572 wrote:

I'm not sure why this is happening but it's been happening for a few months now where I'll be playing an online game, specifically Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and my connection will drop or all packets will stop.

Yes I've port forwarded everything... reset modem multiple times. Still happens. I can't figure out why my service is dropping or cutting connection just when I play Call of Duty on PC?