TPG Community

Get online support

Moving home - ADSL to NBN

sadhikari1982
Level 2
I have moved home and have applied for NBN as part of moving home option from my tpg online account. I have been using ADSL2+ at my previous location and haven't yet cancelled it.

I am notified that NBN on-site appointment is schedule 2 weeks later. Wondering if i can still use ADSL2+ at my new home until NBN is sorted out? I desperately need internet as i am currently working from home during this crisis.

Please advise.
3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Pretty sure you can't. With ADSL, your copper phone line is physically connected to TPG equipment at the exchange. If the new resident at your old home had an ADSL modem and knew your username and password, they coud use it. 

I expect you are still being billed for the ADSL service.

You might be able to increase the data limit on your mobile phone and use your computer/tablet through it until NBN is fixed.

sadhikari1982
Level 2

Hi David, Thanks for the reply. 

Wondering if i am able to claim for Mobile plan if it's not from TPG i.e. Vodafone while NBN is not fixed? 

What do you reckon?

Regards,

Shishir

@david64 wrote:

Pretty sure you can't. With ADSL, your copper phone line is physically connected to TPG equipment at the exchange. If the new resident at your old home had an ADSL modem and knew your username and password, they coud use it. 

I expect you are still being billed for the ADSL service.

You might be able to increase the data limit on your mobile phone and use your computer/tablet through it until NBN is fixed.

david64
Level 15

Are you asking if you can make a claim against TPG for the cost of increasing your data limit with your mobile phone provider (Vodaphone)? You would have to take that up with TPG.