TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Connection not happening

damo29
Level 2

I am one of the unlucky few who are unable to connect to NBN without having NBN attend my address.

I thought it was magic that my area is FTTC and available from early January 2019. Unfortunately, when NBN were installing the network in the street, they got a few houses mixed up in the connections....by a few, I'd say alot. As a result, no straight forward NBN connection for me. In fact, it kind of worked for about 6 days before it cut off. Back and forth with TPG has resulted in 2x rescheduled NBN appointments with one of them, the NBN ccontractor just not showing up. How convenient. Rescheduled again....which will be in total just over 5 weeks from when it should've been working from.

Now, I am not at all confident that NBN will turn up again on that day. It's a common problem where they just don't attend. However, after searching around, if you have a problem with NBN not showing, make sure you ask for a morning appointment and you will have more chance of getting a successfull attendance.

If they miss the next appointment (3rd one), I will be cancelling the NBN installation and contract and waiting until NBN fix all of the problems in the area. I cannot deal with a 4th appointment and having to take time off again. I'm not blaming TPG apart from the scripted NBN provisioning and support teams but even then, it's out of their control. TPG are as helpful as they can be I suppose.

1 REPLY 1
Erika

Hi @damo29

Welcome to the Community!

I've located your account using your Community details and can see that this case has been raised to our dedicated complaint handling department; customer relations.

This has now been assigned to one of our Complaints Resolution Case managers and he has now sent you an email in acknowledgement to this issue.

Please allow your Complaints Resolution Case Manager some time to reassess your case and understand

the best approach in reaching a resolution.

They will be contacting you further for update on this complaint via e-mail or phone call once additional information becomes available.

Should you have a preferred contact time and number, please PM us so that we can arrange this to the assigned complaints resolution case managers.

For your refence, please see How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Cheers!