TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Device Clicking with blinking Red Connection Icon

jerryb
Level 2

Saturday started with No internet ... so powered off both the NBN Device (with the Blue Lights) and the TPG Device (with the Green lights). 

When I powered back on, after 20 seconds or so, the

- TPG Device came on with all green lights - Internet LED nothing

- NBN Device Blue light on Power, then Red blinking AND clicking on Connection light

Was unable to contact TPG on their NBN/FTTC/ADSL SUpport lines - just kept getting recorded message - unable to help.

Download TPG APP:

- Connection Status - cross (X) on Modem detected and Data, Tick on Voice Services

- Logged a fault - status no unresolved

Also checked NBN status - no issues there as well.

How do I contact  TPG to do anything with this problem 

Rang new sales - of course someone is there to answer the phone!

- all they could no was put my urgent request into the support queue!

Hello TPG anyone home?

4 REPLIES 4
jerryb
Level 2

How can I get support - cannot contact anyone to help.

Ahra_G

Hi @jerryb

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

The issue is now raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes.

Regards,

Ahra_G

jerryb
Level 2

Everything is left on with the NBN device Clicking and Connection Status LED blinking Red. 

Curious of the word Modem as there are two devices:

1. NBN Device

2. TPG Device

I have left both on - which device are you referring to when you mention modem?

david64
Level 15

Hi @jerryb . 

1. NBN connection device, commonly called "NBN box". It could be called modem because it drives the phone line connecting to NBN.

2. Wifi router.

The red blinking LED indicates problem between NBN box and distribution point unit under footpath outside.

Leave both on anyhow.