TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC Installation; waited; cancelled; moved; refused

and1628opm
Level 3

Hi,

I’ve been TPG customer for years. Earlier in Dec 2020, I received a letter from TPG advising my existing ADSL phone line will be cut, so to speak, and thus we have to move to NBN.

First installation was set on 15/12 with series of emails/SMS confirmation. I’ve waited the whole morning since 7am, but no technician ever showed up. Just before I call TPG, a SMS was received saying the installation has been rescheduled!?! No reason was given, no apology, no phone call.

Second installation was forced to be set on 21/12 afternoon, again with series confirmation of email/SMS together with a phone call early in this morning. The technician did come with just a NBN connection box and an iPad in one hand, no other tool/gear in sight. Within 30 seconds, he refused to do the installation as there’s no pay-tv cable/socket and asked me to reschedule, again.

Frustrating thing is the official TPG supplied guide in the email and website (https://www.tpg.com.au/sites/default/files/pdf/NBN_HFC_Install_Guide.pdf) indicates clearly that NBN can be installed in either with or without cable-TV/socket cases. It’s beyond belief that the technicians are not prepared/willing to do both.

Third installation is set on 13/01/2021 as I have a hard time and without reputation intact in applying for annual leave to my boss and HR, the third time, again.

While TPG penalizes you with a fine ($109?) if you are not home, it seems nobody cares about the opposite as the technician said my case is not unique as it has been happening all the time. It seems that somebody's time and reputation worth less than others.

10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @and1628opm 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the NBN order.

Your address was tagged under the Service class 23 by NBN Co. This means that the property is within the HFC footprint and there's a drop and wall plate in place, but no NBN NTD box.

This explains why the NBN technician only brought an NBN NTD box as he based on the NBN database.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. We understand that your ADSL service is still working. You may use the service while waiting for the NBN service to be installed.

Thank you for your patience.

BasilDV

Shellcleo
Level 2
Same here it's been 4 months waiting without internet. I am so annoyed. I am cancelling and getting my $200 back if I can get any communication.
Riezl

Hi @Shellcleo,  the Case Manager will contact you tomorrow to address the concerns raised. Thank you.

Shellcleo
Level 2
Now they have given me an installation date for end of February. Hahaha.... I want to cancel and get my $200 back. I am not waiting any longer ....4 months is long enough now they want me to wait 6 months. What a joke seriously I am so over this .
Shellcleo
Level 2
Now they have given me an installation date for end of February. Hahaha.... I want to cancel and get my $200 back. I am not waiting any longer ....4 months is long enough now they want me to wait 6 months. What a joke seriously I am so over this.
Shellcleo
Level 2
What does it take to cancel and get a refund? I have had no internet access for four months now.
Riezl

We have made another follow up with our Provisioning Team and the Case Manager will call you today to address this matter. 

Shellcleo
Level 2
I won't hold my breath.
Riezl

We will make sure that you will be contacted today.