TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC Utility box not installed.

johnmcgirr1296
Level 3

Hi, I’m quite confused I had an NBN appointment to have the NBN connected via HFC technology on the Friday 28/06/2019, technicians had come out to do the work but were unable to because my place doesn’t have the outside untility box installed, yet every other unit in my complex has one installed and I’m the only one without it. I applied for the NBN last week sometime and it said I was able to receive it ect. I’ve already paid $119.00 for the connection set up ect but have not been able to receive the NBN due to the outside utility box never being installed yet out of the 20 odd units in my complex I’m the only one without the box....even the technicians had said they have been next door to connect the NBN and can’t understand why out of all the units there isn’t one installed at my place. I had rang TPG after the technicians they left, as they told me to do so, and explained it ect I was told I would receive an email or text notification letting me know when NBN will have the utility box installed.....I access my account only to find that it’s still saying my account is in progress and I have an appointment on the 28/06/2019 which has already passed. I’m confused on wether I should cancel my subscription with TPG and select another provider that wouldn’t say my NBN that I’ve paid for would be connected on a certain day without first checking to see if it’s currently available at my address (which through any provider states that NBN is available at my address) or do I ring NBN and speak to them about doing their job properly because clearly they haven’t if I’m the only unit without an NBN utility box located outside of my place when every other unit has one.

22 REPLIES 22
BasilDV

Hi @johnmcgirr1296 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the notes.

We are also puzzled why your unit doesn't have the utility box, since other units have it installed. The order is still in progress since we are waiting for the updates from NBN Co in regards to the installation of the NTD box to your unit.

Cancelling your order will prolong the wait for the installation of the device needed to provide you the HFC service.

We'll chase this with our Service delivery team and have someone to follow up the order with our third party provider (NBN Co.) to install the NTD. A case manager will be in touch with you via phone call or SMS/Email once available.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

Will

Hi @johnmcgirr1296,

It looks like your Provisioning Case Manager has already contacted you regarding the status of your installation.

As discussed with you, NBNCo tagged your order as "In-Held" status since additional outside work is required. The current Planned Remediation Date by NBNCo is set for July 12. The said date is subject to change.

Additional updates will be provided to you by your assigned Case Manager. Feel free to leave a comment though if you need clarification.

Regards,

johnmcgirr1296
Level 3
Yes they have and thankyou for the follow up on my account I appreciate it a lot. I have a question regarding the ADSL line that’s here, I was wondering if it was possible to have my account switched over to the ADSL line until the NBN has been connected. The line is active as my flat mate had recently had his account via it and no longer uses it. I still would like the NBN to be connected just for the time until then have the ADSL connected to my account. I’m not sure if I’m able to as I never have had an ADSL account with TPG and don’t know if it was possible to do so.
Will

Hi @johnmcgirr1296,

Once an address has been declared as NBN-ready, we can only provide NBN service for new sign ups. Customers who are currently on ADSL gets to keep their ADSL connection until such time that the line gets decommissioned or they decide to upgrade to NBN. However, once they've upgraded to NBN, they can no longer go back to ADSL.

johnmcgirr1296
Level 3
Oh ok, no worries Thankyou for the information 😊
Will

You're welcome, @johnmcgirr1296.

Don't hesitate to leave a comment if you still have additional queries.

Cheers!

johnmcgirr1296
Level 3
I was told an NBN technician would be out on the 12/07/2019 (today) to install and outside utility box, but there still hasn’t been one installed. Just wondering what has happened?
Shane

Hi @johnmcgirr1296,

Thanks for getting back to us. We'll chase this with our NBN Provisioning Team and request for urgent feedback tomorrow. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @johnmcgirr1296,

We've seen that one of our Provisioning Case Manager contacted you last Saturday and advised that we're currently waiting for NBN Co.'s update in regards with the installation of your service.

Further updates will be provided when it's available via SMS or Phone call. We apologise for any inconvenience, let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!