NBN HFC activation

Billi20
Level 3

Hi

I,ve been waiting for NBN HFC connection for over a week since I signed up with TPG. I had NBN connection with another provider which was today disconnected.

This afternoon my NBN modem lights started flashing, first downstreem for a few hours. Now it has settled in but upstream is still flashing for a long time as well. I wasn’t sure if the router I’ve received from TPG needs to be connected to the NBN modem. I have connected it anyway, but still the lights on NBN modem are not all settled in solid green. What is happening? Is service in the process of activation or can it be some other issue? This is going on from 4PM, now is past 8.

6 REPLIES 6
Billi20
Level 3

This problem has been solved simply by my unplugging the NBN box from power outlet overninght. As soon as I plugged it in this morning all the lights came speedily on. So NBN connection seems to be ok, it needed only to be reset. Sometimes simple things as this can solve a problem.

However, I would like to hear from some of your technitians where in the installation/connection process am I and what is going on with it.

Thank you for this forum as I have learned  a few things since I've been browsing it.

Will

Hi @Billi20

Welcome to the Community!

To check the status of your order, I used your community details to pull up your account.

Based on our records, it seems like you were already contacted by a Provisioning Case Manager earlier and that we will request for a remote activation of your service. You were advised that SMS and email notification will be sent within 24-48 hours.  In addition, you were also informed that the porting of your number will take 1-5 business days after the NBN service has been installed. Please don't cancel your account yet with the previous home phone provider so that the porting process will be completed.

Regards,

Billi20
Level 3

Hi Will,

I was connected about an hour ago. Now I have connected my desktop with the LAN port and is working well. LAN port 2 & 3 didn’t acknowledge connection, then I’ve tried port 1 and it’s working. I have updated and restarted my PC and it’s all good. Have yet to try Wi-Fi.

So far so good.

Thanks for your assistance guys.

Regards

Billi

Will

Hi @Billi20

That's great to hear. I'm glad that your service is now working.

As for WIFI setup, you might want to visit this link: How to Connect to Your Wi-Fi network.

Regards,

Billi20
Level 3

Hi Will,

Wi-Fi tested both 2.4 and 5G and it's excellent. Laptop about 2 metres from modem. Speed test was 47/19 a few min ago. Will see how it goes further away in another room, but so far I am very happy with everything, installation and the performance. If any issue I will post here,

I got the sms and email saying you can't locate me online. I've been online for more than 1h, updating both PCs. Didn't have internet for last 2 weeks so everything is out of date.

Thank you guys, it's great to have such a good support team. All 5 stars to you as a team

Regards

Billi

Will
Hi @Billi20

Thank you for those kind words. I'm glad that you're able to get a great speed over the WIFI network.

Should you have other concerns, feel free to visit us here.

Regards,