TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Installation appointment

westoncreek
Level 2

I received an email stating that my install was to be 24/4/21. I immediately rescheduled for 29/4/2021 but received no reply or confirmation. My account appeared to be locked as i could not check the installation date. I waited at the premises on both days and did not see a technician nor did i receive a phone call, a text or an email.

I called tpg on thursday after i waited and was told it was my fault for not having confirmed the confirmation of an email i never received or some such. The operation said she would look into it and call me back. They never did.

The Call reference number is 63513036

I called again on Monday 3/5/2021. The first operation took all the deatilas again and asked me to hold the line, which immediately went dead. Two subsequent calls were of such bad quality that the operators hung up, On the fourth attempt I was able to talk clearly with an operator who assured me that they would resolve the problem by cancelling my installation and then reestablishing it and that i would receive emails at each step. I begged the operator not to close the Call reference number 63513036 untill such time as the problem was resolved. M account still says that installation is in progress but I have received nothing by way of any notification and am getting pretty agitated. I would complain about the service except there isnt any.

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @westoncreek

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the order.

We understand that you've been in touch with our NBN Provisioning team and was advised that a service request was raised to NBN Co.

Currently, there's no available technician schedule to install the service and the NBN Co is currently investigating what happened.

They've asked for a 2 business days to investigate the issue and your case manager will be in touch with you as soon as an update becomes available.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

westoncreek
Level 2

So, David, 

I now have an email and an SMS stating that I have a new Appointment with NBN.

Now last time i had an appointment and it all turned to custard I was told it was my faut for not confirming the date. Is this something one has to do? If so I cant see how that can be done. Will I just turn up and wait and hope for the best?

Brian

Riezl

Hi @westoncreek, our record shows that an appointment has been booked for Friday, 14 May 2021, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Please expect the NBN technician to arrive between the given time frame.

westoncreek
Level 2

So, now, on Thursday 20/5/21 at 1600, I get a phone call from someone who claims to be from TPG. They demanded that I identify myself to them, which I will never do If i didnt priginate the call. They sent me a code which i told them, this should have been sufficient, but no, the script calls for me to give my ID details to a potentially unknown caller. Sorry, no way, no how.

Anyhow, the caller said they wanted to talk about the NBN Appointment for Friday 14th May, but wouldn't say what they wanted to say and instead sent me and SMS. which states "TPG: Your install is delayed due to NBNCo system changes. Well [ I assume you mean we'll, or 'we will' ] advise you if a new date is available. For more info visit: link.tpg.com.au/DURtso"

It's that 'if' in there that has me worried. What do i do now? Do i just sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for TPG to tell me when NBNCo might be ready to install the connection? 

This is less than stellar service. I'd even be happy if TPG offered to put VDSL in until NBNCo is sorted, or a 4G network option.

Please advice what TPG is going to do about my install.

Brian

Shane

Hi @westoncreek,

I can confirm that our Provisioning is the one who contacted you today, at the moment they are still awaiting for available schedule from NBNCo. We'll raise this to the assigned case manager to discuss details of alternative connection while waiting for the completion of NBN installation.

Please confirm your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

So, now, on Thursday 20/5/21 at 1600, I get a phone call from someone who claims to be from TPG. They demanded that I identify myself to them, which I will never do If i didnt priginate the call. They sent me a code which i told them, this should have been sufficient, but no, the script calls for me to give my ID details to a potentially unknown caller. Sorry, no way, no how.

Anyhow, the caller said they wanted to talk about the NBN Appointment for Friday 14th May, but wouldn't say what they wanted to say and instead sent me and SMS. which states "TPG: Your install is delayed due to NBNCo system changes. Well [ I assume you mean we'll, or 'we will' ] advise you if a new date is available. For more info visit: link.tpg.com.au/DURtso"

It's that 'if' in there that has me worried. What do i do now? Do i just sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for TPG to tell me when NBNCo might be ready to install the connection? 

This is less than stellar service. I'd even be happy if TPG offered to put VDSL in until NBNCo is sorted, or a 4G network option.

Please advice what TPG is going to do about my install.

Brian

westoncreek
Level 2

Hi and thanks for the prompt reply.

I can be contacted anytime after 8am AEST

You have my only contact number, which I wont put here for obvious reasons

Can you or someone confirm that the NBN appointment for tomorrow, Friday 14th May 1300-1700 has been cancelled by NBN

Regards

Shane

Hi @westoncreek,

Thanks for the confirmation, we'll have you contacted by the assigned provisioning case manager tomorrow between 9-12NN AEST to discuss details and updates of installation progress . Make sure to keep the availability of the mobile phone, let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Hi and thanks for the prompt reply.

I can be contacted anytime after 8am AEST

You have my only contact number, which I wont put here for obvious reasons

Can you or someone confirm that the NBN appointment for tomorrow, Friday 14th May 1300-1700 has been cancelled by NBN

Regards

westoncreek
Level 2

Hi to all.

Well it's been quite a day.

I never received any contact from my Provisioning Case Manager. which was disappointing.

As far as I understood the NBN installation was delayed and TPG would let me know if and when it would be rescheduled for.

But then, at 1300 today, right on time, I received a call from the NBN install team wanting access to my premises.

I gave them access and showed them where things were. They went about their business in an exceptionally efficent and professional manner, tracing the remains of our telephine cable, which had been chopped of maybe 10 years ago, back through several pits to the NBN node in the next street. They then reconnected it, reterminated it, tested it and turned on the modem. Result! 

We now have NBN and appear to work really well. running at exactly 50mbps download and 18mbps upload.

A Short time later i received a email and SMS from TPG telling me that the NBN was connected.

Thanks to all involved, lets hope it stays a great NBN internet connection

Brian

Shane

Hi @westoncreek,

We are glad to know that the installation has been completed and getting a great connection speed. We'll be closing this thread, for any concern in the future feel free to create new topics here in the community. 

Regards,

Hi to all.

Well it's been quite a day.

I never received any contact from my Provisioning Case Manager. which was disappointing.

As far as I understood the NBN installation was delayed and TPG would let me know if and when it would be rescheduled for.

But then, at 1300 today, right on time, I received a call from the NBN install team wanting access to my premises.

I gave them access and showed them where things were. They went about their business in an exceptionally efficent and professional manner, tracing the remains of our telephine cable, which had been chopped of maybe 10 years ago, back through several pits to the NBN node in the next street. They then reconnected it, reterminated it, tested it and turned on the modem. Result! 

We now have NBN and appear to work really well. running at exactly 50mbps download and 18mbps upload.

A Short time later i received a email and SMS from TPG telling me that the NBN was connected.

Thanks to all involved, lets hope it stays a great NBN internet connection

Brian