TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Installation delayed again and again

TFay
Level 2

Hey there,

Recently signed up for TPG after having good experiences at another place.  Gotta say all that good will has been lost.  New place needs a FTTN installation, when I'm signing up the rep says "Ten days maxium for an install", which is great.  
Then the first delay happens, and pushes the install back by a week, no biggie, things happen. Means I have to skip work which is a pretty bad look given it's my first day but manageable.

Now I've had a second delay, which has pushed the install time from a couple of weeks past the promised date, to more than a month.  Which means I've essentially payed for a service that I can't use.

Additionally, I'm a school teacher, I can't take half a week day off to sit at home, it's simply not possible, and I live in a small community which I've just moved in to, it's not like I can call on a relative to sit at my house.

The phone customer service I've been getting from TPG has also been a bit average, I feel for them as they're clearly overworked and not given the tools to actually fix any issues.  I was expecting a call back today with...something?  Any kind of news, as the last call left off with the agent unable to even get into the NBNCo calendar.  I get that NBNCo is your wholesaler but if they're this awful at providing you their service then you need to push back and hold them accountable for this absolutley garbage service.

I need this looked into ASAP, as there's a good chance the community I'm in will be forced into isolation at some stage and I'll need to work from home.

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @TFay

Welcome to the Community!

We've edited your post as it contains your account number. Please refrain from posting any account or personal details on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

We checked the account and the status of the NBN installation. It shows that due to the technician capacity issues in the area, it was rescheduled or pushed to a later date. Currently, the provided schedule is the latest available date from our wholesale provider.

We understand the importance of your service and our NBN Provisioning team is monitoring your account for them to rebook it to the earliest schedule once available. Further updates will be provided once available.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @TFay

An earlier schedule for the NBN technician visit has been booked and the email notification has been sent.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

TFay
Level 2
Hey,
Greatly appreciate the assistance, unfortunately they rescheduled on me again, this time till the 25th.
Are you able to confirm why? I had someone at my house all day especially for this.

Cheers,
BasilDV

Hi @TFay

We checked the account and it shows that NBN technician missed the previous appointment and this was rescheduled by them.

An earlier schedule was given today and updates will be provided once available.

BasilDV