NBN Installation

Head2head
Level 2

Moved in a unit at the beginning of July, had first NBN appointment on 6th July but with no success, the technician said there is no NBN cable and socket been installed in the unit, they need premission from strata for roof hole drilling to get NBN cabel in, but they can't point out the location for roof hole drilling, which was required by strata management. 

And then we had another NBN installation appointment on 24 July for roof checking, no one showed up and no one contacted while I was at home waiting on them.

Called TPG at night time, I was told there was a extenial port safety issue outside the building, NBN would send a report in 2 days.  

Called TPG 2 days later for an update, got the same answer, I required more details and timeline from NBN, been told I need to wait 5 more days for further update from NBN. 

Called TPG 5 days later for update, still the same answer from NBN with the external port safety issue, the timeline to fix it is 14 December, luck still in this year. I required another updates and explanations from NBN regarding the issue, as all other neighbours in this building are using the internet and NBN without any issues, even the new neighbor, who just moved in had NBN connected too. Been told to have updates from NBN in another 2 days. 

Called TPG another 5 days later, still the same answer and same timeline. I asked if I can have ADSL+2 for these four months while waiting for NBN to fix the issue, the answer is NO as NBN is ready for the building.

Nothing I can do but only wait for four months.

Initially, I thought this internet issue would be solved soon, so I was using prepaid sims to keep our daily life with the internet. 

Can't do it for another four months, and don't know what will happen next.

Give up, going to cancel NBN.   

2 REPLIES 2
KarlB

Hi @Head2head 

Our apologies for this inconvenience, I can ask one of our customer service representative to contact you regarding your concerns. Please PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, and I will request someone to contact you back ASAP.

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @Head2head 

Thanks for your PM. I have requested for one of our Senior Provisioning Team members to investigate and requested for someone to call you back ASAP with an update.

Regards,

Karl