TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connected ....now TV free to air won’t work!

Jackiesmi2019
Level 3

Hi all - just spent over an hour on the phone with TPG trying to resolve this. TPG installed internet but used the only tv aerial socket so TV won't work. I don't have Foxtel. Can anyone help? I think I need a 'splitter' looking at Google but where do I get one? Thank you

23 REPLIES 23
BasilDV

Hi @Jackiesmi2019 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you've been in touch with our Provisioning team.

They've advised you to send a photo via email to be used as evidence so they can raise the case with NBN Co.

A case manager will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

BasilDV

Jackiesmi2019
Level 3

Sent the photo about 10 mins after the call ended. Not heard anything yet. I see from the Community posts that my problem isn't unusual - so you should know how to fix it soon!

BasilDV

Thank you, @Jackiesmi2019.

We'll chase this with our Provisioning team and someone will be in touch with you as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

Jackiesmi2019
Level 3

I have now gone and bought a splitter myself - I have sent in photos of the tv picture quality I am now receiving. It's awful. UNLESS TPG TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY, I WILL INSIST THAT YOU COME AND REMOVE YOUR MODEM AND REINSTATE MY AERIAL TO THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE YOU CAME AND BUGGERED IT UP AND THEN GO TO ANOTHER MORE REPUTABLE INTERNET PROVIDER

BasilDV

Hi @Jackiesmi2019,

We apologise for the inconvenience as we don't have any control with the NBN technician that installed the service.

The case was raised to the NBN Co and your case manager has requested for a technician to check the line.

Further updates will be given by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

Jackiesmi2019
Level 3

The problem is Basil, I contracted with TPG to install internet. I had nothing to do with the NBN technician - TPG arranged them. My contract is with TPG and you must sort out your sub contractors.

i could watch TV AND use the internet before TPG came along. Now I must chose one or the other.

can you confirm you will suspend billing until this problem has been fixed.

who is my Case Manager? You say they will be in touch but I have heard nothing at all. 

TPG really need to rectify this and fast before I start writing to CEO's and going into your Head Office!

please escalate it to your manager.

thank you

jackie smith

BasilDV

Hi @Jackiesmi2019,

As advised, your provisioning case manager will contact you as soon as an update becomes available. It appears that there's no update as of yet, which is why they weren't able to call or send you an SMS.

Any billing adjustment will be discussed as soon as the issue has been resolved.

BasilDV

Jackiesmi2019
Level 3

That's not acceptable sorry. You can't charge for a service I'm not receiving.

i had just read the Complaints procedure on the website and I should have been given a case number by now. I have reported the fault in 3 ways - by phone, by e mail (with photos) and on this forum and still not got a case number or a case manager. 

please escalate this. 

I will go into your North Ryde HO Monday and not leave until I get to talk to someone!

TPG service!TPG service!

BasilDV

Hi @Jackiesmi2019,

The service that we are providing is the NBN internet and home phone bundle. We can detect that the service is properly working.

The TV service, is not from us and we understand that you've got this for free. The requested billing adjustment will be assessed and discuss with your case manager.

We'll advise them to call you today between 12NN - 1PM for further discussion.

BasilDV