TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection device does not connect

cologne101
Level 2

Hi,

I have received the NBN connection device and messages from TPG saying to connect it.  When I tried to connect, the connection and DSL lights flash but I never get a connection.  The TPG installation status page says the installation is progressing.  Should I be able to connect or is there more work to do? 

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @cologne101

Welcome to TPG Community!

In order to complete the activation of your NBN FTTC service, you need to connect the devices (NBN NCD and Modem/router) that we've provided you. You may refer to NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide.

Once everything is properly installed, then wait for the update from our NBN provisioning team or contact them directly for real time support.

BasilDV

cologne101
Level 2

As I said in my original message, I connected the NCD and router but only ever got a flashing connection light on the NCD.  I've tried power cycling and resetting the router.  Still no luck.

Riezl

Hi @cologne101, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot. We have escalated your concern to our Provisioning Team and we'll have a case manager contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

Let us know via PM should you have a preferred contact number and time. Thank you.

cologne101
Level 2

I think my last message might not have reached you, so I'll try again:

I've had two engineers visit my home.  Both said that the copper line is not connected to the fibre network. So the problem is in the pit in the street - not my home. But you keep sending engineers out to my home! This is a waste of everyone's time. NBN failed to do the original migration properly. This needs to be fixed before I can connect. It's been three months now and NBN have done nothing to fix the problem.