TPG Community

Get online support

NBN disconnected since Saturday

tashspring68
Level 3

Our NBN has been out since before 5am Saturday. I called TPG at 9am, and was advised that the problem would be fixed that day.

It was not. Subsequent calls have provided little information, and no ETA for reconnection.

I understand that TPG can not fix this fault, and that it is up to the NBN Co.

However, the fact remains that I am paying TPG for a service that they are not providing me.

We have a business to run. I have studies to complete. We need internet. We are currently tethering our mobiles to provide a connection. This is proving quite expensive.

Either a.) Send us with a SIM for data use free of charge until this problem is resolved, or b.) Provide us with an ADSL connection, free of charge until this problem is resolved.

Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to cancel my account and lodge a complaint with the TIO.

Edit: hqvh posted in wrong subforum owin to it being hard to navigate on my phone.

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @tashspring68, we apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

As per checking, NBN Co. has detected a fault on the network and they have engaged field services to rectify the issue.

They are also working on sending an electrician to investigate further.

We understand the need of a working service and we'd like to check if we can provide an alternative.

We have escalated your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team and you will be contacted by the case manager within 24 hours to further discuss your request.

Should you have a preferred contact number, email address and most convenient time to receive a call. Please let us know.

Riezl

Hi @tashspring68, we can see that our Complaints Resolution Team has been in touch via email and discussed the status of the case.

The Team is closely monitoring this and will be in touch as soon as new updates become available.

For immediate assistance, you can contact the case manager directly via return mail.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

alvinbernardo25
Level 2
Yes. We have no internet service since 30.12.18 until now. Inconvenience is an understatement. I agree. A free alternative source of internet is justified.

Riezl

Hi @alvinbernardo25, we have checked the status of your connection and it appears to be working now.

If you are still having issues, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.