TPG Community

Get online support

NBN install to wrong address

whitema
Level 2
The nbn was supposed to be installed at my place today but the installer put the modem that was meant to be part of my service at a premises three doors down from mine. They had ordered an installation too but it wasn't due to be installed till next week through a different provider but they let them in anyway and no checks it seems were ever done to make sure the correct customer was being attended to. I am none too happy what the installer did and their slap happy attitude. The install has been pushed back twice and now this debacle. Not only I don't have the nbn, I have also now lost access to my home phone and also the internet (via adsl 2+). This really is a sad joke and heads need to roll over continued mistakes such as this.
5 REPLIES 5
Will

Hi @whitema

Welcome to the Community!

Using your details here in the community, we're able to check the notes pertaining to your call regarding the same concern yesterday.

From what I gathered, a Provisioning Case Manager has raised this to NBNCo to set an appointment for an NBN technician to re-attend and complete the installation. However, NBNCo detected internet activity already. I ran tests as well and we are getting the same results.

Can we clarify if the NBN box is already installed at your premises?

Regards,

whitema
Level 2

This issue has now been rectified. I retrieved the NBN modem from where it was left in error yesterday and I plugged it into the (Foxtel) hfc outlet (as per the instructions in the box) and it connected straight away, plugged in the tpg router and it connected to the internet with no issues. Problem solved !!!  Just waiting on the VOIP phone to become active now.  I'm getting great speeds atm too, so this is the icing on the cake.  

Very happy 15+ year customer.

Will

Hi @whitema

That's good news! I'm glad you were able to sort it out.

As for the phone, it should be working by now. Would you be able to test and confirm it from your side?

Regards,

whitema
Level 2

Hi Will, yes the phone is working too, able to make and receive calls.  Thanks so much Will and the TPG staff for all your assistance with my issue, great stuff !!!

Will

You're very much welcome @whitema.

Should you have any queries, don't forget that we're here to assist.

Cheers!