TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation - Civil works required, been waiting months

pauls25
Level 2

Hi,

Our TPG/NBN customer number is XXXXXX.

We purchased an NBN bundle in April and when the original team assessed our property they reported to us that we needed major works to be undertaken, with a civil works team to cut the concrete in our driveway to allow for the cables to run from the pit in the street to the desired Utility box location on the wall of the carport. This was confirmed to us by an email from TPG in May.

Since that time, 5 different drop technician crews have turned up trying to install the Hybrid Fibre Coaxial/Utility box, but are unable to as the trench they need to run it in has not been completed by the civil works team. Every time this is reported back to TPG/NBN, and an appointment rescheduled, however nothing ever changes.

Our appointed case manager, Rosa (1300 02 35 75), has been of no help in this matter despite multiple phone calls. A new appointment has been rescheduled for Nov 6th, however from your email correspondence to confirm the appointment it implies another drop technician team are being sent, despite the need for the civil works team.

Can you please verify that this appointment on the 6th of November will be a civil works team, and they will be able to create the trench via cutting the concrete in the driveway??

If this issue is not resolved this week then I will be taking my complaints to the appropriate authorities and ensure that all those involved will be held accountable.

Thanks,

pauls25

**Note: Post has been edited to hide your TPG customer ID

11 REPLIES 11
Will

Hi @pauls25 

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear that you have had a less than favorable installation experience. I can only imagine how frustrating the entire ordeal has been for you.

I reviewed your order history and based on the records of NBNCo, you have declined the technicians recommendation of the location of the Premise Connection Device. Since you prefer to have it installed in the cupboard, remediation works are needed for concrete cutting is required.

I can see that you have agreed to proceed with a new appointment to which our Provisioning Team has requested NBNCo to ensure that the correct technician will be sent to the remediation or complete the job needed to be done. On October 18, NBNCo has advised to proceed in placing an appointment. Instructions were left in the appointment order reaffirming the need for the right technician to be sent.

My apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused. I hope you can bear with us further. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to leave a comment.

Regards,

pauls25
Level 2

The infomation you have provided from the records is incorrect. At the initial assessment we were informed that the cable would have to run underground to the side of the house into the carport (not cupboard) and would require concrete cutting. Subsequent drop techicians have attempted to convince us to place it in another location, however this is not suitable as there is no electricity to this part of the building, and despite telling the technicians this, they continue to report that we refuse instead of arranaging for the job to be completed properly. 

Please confirm to me that a civil works team will be in attendence at the upcoming appointment to cut the concrete. If you cannot provide this guarantee in writing this week then I will take my complaints further and those involved will be held responsible. 

Furthermore, we were informed at our last appointment that the pit that is used contains asbestos. As such, also please confirm that the team that will be attending the appointment will have the correct gear and knowledge to deal with this. 

This whole experience has been very disappointing. 

Will

Hi @pauls25 

Thank you for the clarification and additional information you've provided. We have raised this case to our Provisioning Team to coordinate with NBNCo. Once the update is available, a Provisioning Case Manager will reach out to you via the mobile number we have on file.

I'm sorry to hear that you remain disappointed. I can only hope that you can continue to bear with us while we engage with NBNCo in sorting this out.

Will

Hi @pauls25 

Our records show that our Provisioning Team contacted NBNCo to confirm that the NBN technician can  perform the necessary work and that they have the proper equipment to do so. After which, a Provisioning Case Manager has reached out to you today to inform you that NBNCo has advised their Delivery Partner of the same. An email was already sent to you which includes the Service Request Ticket number we have raised to NBNCo.

If you have other concerns or questions, don't hesitate to leave us a comment.

pauls25
Level 2

This is getting beyond absurd. 

On Nov 6th, despite confirmation from TPG on the 24/10/19 that you had informed NBN that civil works needed to be completed as described (internal ticket number INC300000704532) and your reply in this public forum, no civil works team came to our property. Only an activation drop technician arrived. Upon their arrival, they showed us the dispatch note they received for our job, which is as follows (and attached for your reference):

"CIVILS COMPLETED - READY FOR ACTIVATION Remed done by TPC PRESCOPE NOTES; No conduit, no ped, 7db 2 way tap installed in pit, 20-30m new LIC required 15db 8 way tap with 7 available ports installed inside the pit. Pcd installed..."

Can you please explain to me, that despite now 5 drop technicians coming to our place to activate a line that does not exist and recommending civil works, and your apparent messaging to NBN to ask for civil works to be completed, that the subcontractor that turned up was told that civil works had been completed? Either TPG are lying or NBN is lying as no civil works has ever been completed on our property, despite our willingness to have done. The technician also mentioned that further work in the pit needed to be completed before the civil works could be completed, which is just another new piece of information that has been told to us depsite the previous 5 crews inspecting it. 

Also, on 6/11/19 when the technician was there, we called our escalation case manager, who told us that on your system it showed that a civil team was present at our house, when they were not. This is a serious breach of ethical practice and a damming reflection on NBN. 

Furthermore, we received an email today (7/11/19) from TPG stating that our NBN order is currently pending due to "Internal Network Shortfall", and that a case manager will be allocated. Not only are the reasons given in the email incorrect as we are waiting on civil works which you even told us needed to be done as evidence by your internal ticket above, we supposedly already have a case manager and an escalation manager, plus this forum, and yet we are still waiting for this to be sorted. 

We paid TPG for this service more than 6 months ago, and you have not delivered the service, despite your verbal and written assurances that it would be done. This is in breach of the Australian Consumer Law's consumer guarantees, which require a service to be provided within a reasonable time. 

I request that this matter be raised to the highest manager available, and that we be given a personalised written explanation about how this will be fixed. I also request that the appropriate civil/pit works that are required to be done be completed next week otherwise I expect to be compensated for your/NBN's delay in providing the appropriate service. 

If you require further information I would be more than happy to provide it. 

BasilDV

Hi @pauls25,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

We'll chase this with our NBN provisioning team and have this investigated further.

Your case manager will be in touch with you tomorrow for further discussion and in case further information will be requested.

BasilDV

Shane

Hi @pauls25,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager yesterday. This has been raised to NBN Co. and we are currently awaiting for an update, feedback will be provided when it is available.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @pauls25,

Your case manager has been trying to call you to no avail.

Do you have any preferred time for them to try again? They would like to discuss further the status of your order.

Please let us know right away in order to arrange the call for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

Will

Hi @pauls25

I can see that you were contacted by a Provisioning Case Manager today informing you of the status of the order. As discussed, your order is currently In-Held by NBNCo citing that remediation works need to be done. The Planned Remediation Date is on or before 16/12/2019. Should there be any changes, your Case Manager will reach out to you.

If you have other questions or concerns, feel free to leave a comment.

Regards,

Will