TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation not completed by technician

SOLVED Go to solution
NLA
Level 2
Level 2
Hi TPG
We are building a new house and the NBN technician came to install the NBN on 19/10/22. He connected the NBN to the external box (small grey box) externally but no phone socket or internal box inside. He had issues drawing the wire through the conduit but my electrician has now pulled it through to the Study wall. Apparently the NBN looped his copper wire so he wasn’t able to pull it through they way he did it. I’m not sure what to expect- am I supposed to have a socket or internal box..as at the moment I just have a grey copper wire coming out of my study wall and TPG says my installation is complete.
Please let me know how to proceed, thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @NLA . Also, you can go to  nbnco.com.au, put in your address to see what tyoe of connection is being used. If installation is not complete, it will show your service class which indicates the next step in installation. You can search on    nbn service class    for explanation of values.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
and1628opm
Level 3
You're lucky, at least you've got something installed. Last time, they've cancelled, rescheduled, or didn't brother to turn up for NBN installation.

Is your NBN HFC, FTTP, FTTB, FTTC, or FTTN? Below is official NBN Web with diagrams so it might give what normally would you expect for each type of NBN
FYI:
https://www.nbnco.com.au/learn/network-technology/fibre-to-the-premises-explained-fttp
david64
Level 15

Hi @NLA . Also, you can go to  nbnco.com.au, put in your address to see what tyoe of connection is being used. If installation is not complete, it will show your service class which indicates the next step in installation. You can search on    nbn service class    for explanation of values.

NLA
Level 2
Level 2
Thanks for the replies (sorry accidently pressed issue resolved)

I have FTTN and NBNCO address search says I am connected to the NBN. TPG says I am connected the NBN but aware my modem is not connected. So my question is, who’s responsibility is it to fit off the grey copper wire internally in my house as there no socket? Years ago only Telstra would only touch their infrastructure such as the phone socket.

TPG would you be able to assist please?
david64
Level 15

@NLA . NBNCo is supposed to connect the cable up to a wall socket and provide the NBN connection box. You then need a router from TPG or your own purchase and TPG sets you up in their network. Once you have the NBN box and router, TPG do remote activation. You do the router cable connections.

david64
Level 15

@NLA . FTTN has no NBN box. Router connects directly to phone socket from router DSL port. 

Still think it is for NBNCo to finish it off. TPG should organise.

NLA
Level 2
Level 2
Thanks for the reply.
Okay, so the wall socket should be fitted off by NBN.
I’ll contact TPG to organize and reimbursement as I’m currently paying for NBN and NBNCo have not completed their installation.

Thanks for your replies and help!
Ahra_G

Hi @NLA

Let's have a look first at what service class type of address you have. If you already have an existing wall socket, then the tech should have had that activated and should also have tested the modem afterwards. 

PM us with your TPG username or customer ID and kindly connect the modem so we can also test the line whether there's already a signal. 

Here's a guide for the FTTN setup: NBN FTTN Setup guide

It would also help if you can attach some pictures so we can see what the setup looks like. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G