TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation set up

Perth1133
Level 3

It says that from disconnecting old modem and reconnecting new NBN one, services will return within 24 hrs, so that sounds like if we begin this process now (Sunday 5pm) we may not have access to internet for part of Monday potentially. We need access Monday as we have many family members working from home, so this process is best done Saturday morning right so as not to interfere with the working week? 

THanks 

12 REPLIES 12
RajenS

Hi @Perth1133 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

Perth1133
Level 3

Hi Rajen

Username Perth1133 or is it 4564911

Mobile 0403009153

thanks

Perth1133
Level 3

DOnt know how to PM you via this TPG community method, and could not email you back, so not happy with having to provide my details via this method at all. PLease delete once you receive these details thanks 

RajenS

Hi @Perth1133 

Leave it to me, and I will get NBN tech to solve this case, I will update, tech visit tome by tomorrow 

Thanks 

Rajen 

Perth1133
Level 3

What do you mean 'solve the case' ? My question is about installing NBN. We have received the new modem and are ready to install it, which I am guessing is disconnecting the old modem and plugging in the new one. I want to know if when we do this how much downtime we will have? Will it be immediate connection? How long will we have to wait? its important to know as if its going to be hours then we will do it in the weekend? If its minutes then we will do it tonight or tomorrow night. We are all working from home so need continuous internet connection during the week. So please let me know what the process is? 'Solivng the case' response doesnt help me at all. thanks 

Marija23
Level 2
I have send you a private message as you asked and you never got back to me! I am at new place for two months and still with no internet!
RajenS

Hi @Marija23 

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service

RajenS

HI @Perth1133 

My wrong, Sorry  above  answer for another user, 

you can use your OLD ADSL until NBN work, 

My advice will be 

1- connected NBN devices before going to bed, it should work by morning, 

if it is not working, connect your old ADSL back, you can still use, 

let us know the outcome, and we can arrange NBN tech to your home 

Thanks 
Rajen 

Perth1133
Level 3