TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation shambles & failure to deliver

M23burford
Level 2

After nearly a year of trying to get an nbn connection through the biggest national provider I gave up & came to TPG. Had installation from nbn technician scheduled for today 5th between 8-12. Got call from contractor at 11.30 saying installer was delayed on another job & would be there around 1. Nothing happening by 2.00. I was on a two minute call at 2.20 to a nursery when a "no caller ID" number called & left no message. No call was made to the alternative contact number given to TOG for this appointment, either.  I then called contractor company back to ask what is going on. They could not contact installer technician & saidthey would send a message. At 3.01 I get a text asking me to call back re NBN appointment. That number does not answer but gets a message saying the number is no longer connected. So I ring the contractor company again to be told that the visit has been logged as a "not available " & will have to be rescheduled.

No one takes responsibility! NBN says to complain to TPG. There is no one to complain to at TPG. In any case this is an NBN contractor failing to do NBN work, triggered by TPG. Who will fix this? And when?

I re-iterate, I have been trying to get this done since March. TPG is only r3cently on the case. NBN is a consistent failure. What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @M23burford,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we recommend to make follow up directly to us to get the updates on the ongoing installation since we have the account/installation details. We're able to locate the account using your community details. We can see that the ongoing installation has been escalated to our NBN provisioning team, we will chase this with them and request urgent feedback.

Please shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

After nearly a year of trying to get an nbn connection through the biggest national provider I gave up & came to TPG. Had installation from nbn technician scheduled for today 5th between 8-12. Got call from contractor at 11.30 saying installer was delayed on another job & would be there around 1. Nothing happening by 2.00. I was on a two minute call at 2.20 to a nursery when a "no caller ID" number called & left no message. No call was made to the alternative contact number given to TOG for this appointment, either.  I then called contractor company back to ask what is going on. They could not contact installer technician & saidthey would send a message. At 3.01 I get a text asking me to call back re NBN appointment. That number does not answer but gets a message saying the number is no longer connected. So I ring the contractor company again to be told that the visit has been logged as a "not available " & will have to be rescheduled.

No one takes responsibility! NBN says to complain to TPG. There is no one to complain to at TPG. In any case this is an NBN contractor failing to do NBN work, triggered by TPG. Who will fix this? And when?

I re-iterate, I have been trying to get this done since March. TPG is only r3cently on the case. NBN is a consistent failure. What can I do?