NBN installation

sthunter9
Level 2
A technican came on Monday to install the NBN but was unable to complete the installation. I have heard nothing since. I know times are difficult but I was hoping for an update.
1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @sthunter9

For customers who would like to check the status of their service installation/activation, we have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We have been advised by NBN that your order has been placed on hold due to the following reason:

Core Network Shortfall

What is it?

Additional work within the NBN network is required to complete your installation. This work can sometimes be complex and requires technician with specific skill set or equipment working across multiple days.

The most common reasons for this shortfall is the Lead-In Conduit (LIC) which is the underground path where the fibre runs along is damaged, blocked or doesn’t exist.

This additional work is required by NBN and would apply for all Internet Service Providers. There is no cost to you as NBN will be completing the work.

What’s happening now?

TPG is communicating with NBN to ensure the work required to complete your TPG order is progressing. We will allocate a TPG Case Manager who will be in contact with you soon to keep you updated every step of the way.

Alternatively you can also check the progress of your order at www.tpg.com.au/install

What’s next?

•     Depending on the complexity of the work required, it may take a few weeks for NBN to schedule and complete the work.
  •     Your TPG Case Manager will inform you of the estimated time of completion.
  •     NBN may contact you directly if they need your assistance in resolving the issue in your premises.
  •     Once all the required work is completed, we will contact you to schedule an appointment with NBN to activate your service.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please reply to the email that was sent if you have any questions or contact TPG Service Delivery on 1300 023 575.

BasilDV