NBN needs to be fixed!

Jay_Mende
Level 2
I was able to use my NBN provided by TPG for maybe 2 weeks before it randomly dropped out. Fast forward almost a month, I have had 3 different technicians come to my house to inspect & possibly repair whatever issue I'm having. One told me a key component was missing from the lines outside of my flat, restricting the flow of data to my modem. The most recent one who came today (07/03/20) tells me there are still copper lines in place. I've gone a month without internet & TPG nor their technicians can find a solution. If I hadn't dismissed the installation fee & chose the lock in contract, I would be finding a new provider as I type this. Get it together guys!
4 REPLIES 4
Jay_Mende
Level 2
Furthermore, this seems to be TPG's ONLY way of attempting to "resolve" the problem:

1. They send a technician
2. Technician says he can't fix it
3. I call to report the ongoing issue
4. They send a technician

TPG isn't trying hard enough. Your call centre doesn't listen to your customers & have very limited solutions. Hell, you haven't offered an alternative (e.g. dongle) while my service is down. Poor service all round
Riezl

Hi @Jay_Mende,

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

In your case,we can see that an NBN technician went out and fixed the issue.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Jay_Mende
Level 2
You'd be delighted to know that, as of today, my NBN has finally been fixed! However, it took 4 technicians to achieve this. When I explained my problem to the technician today, who was Australian, he reassured me that the previous 3 technicians were very lazy with their inspections. I went almost a month without internet because of 3 professionals negligence combined! He found that the problem was located in what he calls "the pit". Somebody had removed the fiber cable from my network. Pretty dodgy if you ask me.

Hopefully this does not happen again. Would not recommend TPG to anyone else
Riezl

We take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll make sure that yours will be taken into account.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.