NBN speed

hemrajghaley
Level 2
Hi, I have recently connected NBN and as per my plane Maximum speed my address can receive = 109Mbps
Maximum speed of the NBN50 plan i have chosen = 50Mbps.
But unfortunately as per speed test, the download speed is 19.6mbps and upload is 3.0 mbps.
Not Happy me 🤭
5 REPLIES 5
Joseph_D

@hemrajghaley the speed test result is indeed slow for the plan and type of technology used to deliver NBN.

Have you tried switching off the wireless and connecting a PC directly to the modem for testing purposes? Sometimes the devices connected to the network and the gadgets or structure around us affect the wireless connection speed.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

hemrajghaley
Level 2
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the mail, mine is FTTC nbn connection not HFC nbn connection so I guess may be because of this my internet speed is low. Do I need to do HFC nbn connection for better internet speed? Please suggest me.

Kind regards
Hemraj
Ahra_G

Switching to a different type of NBN Technology is not possible @hemrajghaley. There  can only be one type of NBN technology that can be rolled out in a certain area. 

Nevertheless, I can have one of our Technical team to contact and assist you to check what's causing the low download speed. 

Could you please send your best contact time & number via private message so we can organise a call back to be made for you? 

We'll wait for your response. 

Thanks! 

hemrajghaley
Level 2
Hi,
Thanks for the mail, I will be home on Sunday March 24,2019 (whole day) and on Monday March 25,2019 from 12 pm if you would like to send the technician.

Thanks
Will

Hi @hemrajghaley

We have requested for a Sr Technician to call you on Sunday.

Be reminded though that we are not sending a technician out since we're not detecting any issues with the network. Instead, someone will call you to assist you over the phone to check why you're getting a slow connection.

In addition, I suggest that you try testing the speed of your connection with computer/laptop connected directly to the modem to determine if the problem you're having is WIFI-related only. If the connection speed is good with a device connected using ethernet cord, then, I suggest you check this link on how to improve your WIFI speed.

Regards,