NBN speed

apwright00
Level 2

TPG warned me to expect some slower than expected speeds after NBN was installed (for 18 months) but tonight Im getting 1.5 Mbps dowloads on an NBN50 plan! It shouldn't be this bad surely?

14 REPLIES 14
padstar
Level 2

I feel your pain. I'm getting about the same speeds as you. Most of the time I get 40 plus but there have been a few days of slow speeds with tonight being the worse. 2.6 download and 18.2 uploads.

Any luck with tech support?

BasilDV

Hi @apwright00 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it appears that you're on an NBN FTTC technology. Compared to the NBN FTTN, your service can receive a good speed within the NBN network since it is using the pit which is about 150 meters (Max distance) from the premises.

We've sent you an email last 14th of December advising you about your max speed for the NBN50 speed tier.

The speed test that you've performed, was it via WiFi or a Wired connection? We've created and article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot a slow speed issue. You may refer to this article: Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WiFi connection, we've created an article that will guide you on how to improve it. Here's the link: Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @padstar 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account as well using your community details and appears that you're on the same NBN FTTC technology as @apwright00 .

Did you run the speed test via WiFi or Wired connection?

You may check the articles that I've provided in order to improve your home WiFi network and troubleshoot the slow speed issue.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

padstar
Level 2

Hi BasilDV, the connection is wired from my pc to the router.

Speeds can be great at times but the speed is inconsistent.

Thanks,  

Padstar

BasilDV

Hi @padstar,

In case you experienced an issue with the speed, try the article that I've provided (Slow Speed Issues). Also, observe if it's time specific or random.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

padstar
Level 2

Hi BasidDV,

most of the issues seem to occur during the evenings. I have noticed it during the day on Sunday.

When the problem occured I tried the slow speed issue help and the result was to contact the help desk as it was so slow.

I emailed them as they where closed.

All wifi devices where turned off in the house.

BasilDV

Hi @padstar

What speed do you usually get? Also, what time does it start to slow down?

BasilDV

padstar
Level 2

During the day and early evening I get 45mbps. Around 9pm it starts to slow down.

On the TPG speed test at 9:30 wa time I got 8.3 mbps

On spedtest.net I can get 13-40mbps from Perth servers depending which one I select.

Which speed test should I use?

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/01c0b630-200a-11ea-b933-61d493399443

Shane

Hi @padstar,

Thank you for the details. For additional reference, would it be possible to run another test using a www.speedtest.net ?

Regards,