NBN technician no show

dhp
Level 2
Level 2
Technician no show. If we miss the appointment, we are liable for the charges and if they misses no fees. Bull**.
For rescheduling the appointment, TPG asked me to wait for another 3 weeks. They should have power to escalate the case and get the job done by the NBN technician urgently as it’s there fault.
Mass action should be taken against NBN technician no show issue. Most of us have to take a day off to remain at the premises for the installation. How frustrating it is.
5 REPLIES 5
Will

Hi @dhp 

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for raising this with us. We are sorry to hear that you have had a less than favorable installation experience.

We tried to locate your TPG account using your community details, to check your situation further, but we're unable to pull any records. Can you PM us your customer ID or username?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Will

Hi @dhp 

Thanks for providing your TPG username via PM.

From what I gathered, NBNCo advised that their technician missed the appointment due to weather issues. I checked the next available appointment dates and the normal schedule starts from January 8 onward. However, it appears that there's a December 20 appointment that may have been freed up on NBNCo's calendar (probably another customer cancelled their appointment) which our Provisioning Team was able to book. Please refer to the email that was sent pertaining to the schedule. If you're not amenable, reply to the email to have it rescheduled. Take note that the next earliest appointment date (at the moment) is on Jan 8.

On the other hand, your ADSL connection will continue to work until the NBN service is fuly installed.

Let me know if you have other concerns that we can look into.

dhp
Level 2
Level 2
NBN physical installation completed since Friday but no internet still
Ahra_G

Hi @dhp

We apologise that your installation wasn't smooth sailing and that the service is still not working. 

NBN technicians reported that additional works need to be done to complete your installation which means we are unable to expedite planned remediation dates. Planned remediation dates are provided by NBN Co based on requirement assessment (i.e. resources such as materials, technician capacity, etc) conducted by field technicians to complete the work.

Our Provisioning Team is actively managing the connection process and applying pressure to NBN Co to get your NBN service installed in the soonest possible time. 

A Case Manager has been assigned to monitor the status of your installation and will provide updates whenever possible. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @dhp

We've been notified by NBN Co that the planned remediation date will be on 12/03/2020. They have found that there is no signal at all hence the need for additional job to be completed. 

The assigned Case Manager should be in touch for any further updates available. 

Regards,

Ahra_G